How 'Bout Those Red Sox

hubsportsfan17

Well, I rather have Rivera blow a save now than in October. But as a Yankee the Yankee teams over the past few years have bothered me. Back from 1996-2001 the Yankees were made up of 25 Derek Jeters/ Paul O'Neills and now the team doesn''t seems to have the same heart. Back then when I would see Brosius or Martinez coming up in the ninth I had a feeling that they were going to come back and win the game, now when I see Giambi or Lofton coming up I have a feeling of oh no, there going to lose. I just hope this isn't the year it finally collapses. George needs to go back and do what he did after he came back from suspension and during the championship yeaars and just sign the checks and let the baseball people run the team. If you look at Yankees history when he gets involved the team falls apart.

With that sais, the Yankees will when the division. And Red Sox fans don't get you hopes up you will get eliminated at some point in the post season.

Two friends and I, home from college for the weekend, went to the game. We had a great time. We were on our way into Manhattan and decided to go to the game at about 6:15 PM (7:05 start). We got there as the game was starting, went to the box office, and they had a total of three tickets remaining, right behind home plate, lower level - we were very VERY lucky.

It was my second Yankees-Red Sox game this year (and ever, for that matter). It's now 1-1 (I was at that game John Flaherty won and Derek Jeter went flying into the stands). Disappointing to see Rivera struggle with the strike zone, but hey, it happens to everyone. The Yankees don't give me the unstoppable feeling this year that they've given me in the past. But hey, they're still a damn good team and I can't help but think they at least have a pretty decent chance to do well in October.

I repeat... a National League team will win the WS again...

Both the Yankees and Red Sox are victims of having a team of overpaid individuals. When you have teams like St. Louis out there, who may not be the best individuals but make up to be a great team, there's no way they'll ever win. Back a few years ago when the Yankees won it all a few times, they had their heart in it and they worked as a team. I don't see the Yankees like that anymore.

Before all you BoSox fans snicker at that, It's even worse for your team cause all they've done is copycat the Yankees formula. Don't forget, this big rivalry is fueled by Boston's jealousy.

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

Amen brother.

I honestly think It'll be the Cardinals, they just want it too much. So much in fact that even though they have the National League #1 spot wrapped up, they still play as if though they need to win to make the playoffs.

Larry will finally get what he should have gotten in 1994 w/ Montreal.

Both the Yankees and Red Sox are victims of having a team of overpaid individuals. When you have teams like St. Louis out there, who may not be the best individuals but make up to be a great team, there's no way they'll ever win. Back a few years ago when the Yankees won it all a few times, they had their heart in it and they worked as a team. I don't see the Yankees like that anymore.

Before all you BoSox fans snicker at that, It's even worse for your team cause all they've done is copycat the Yankees formula. Don't forget, this big rivalry is fueled by Boston's jealousy.

The Yankees are too in love with the home run and the slugger. When they won their 3 straight they did not hit that many homers at all. They had a balnce team that could score many different ways. Now if they dont hit the homer they dont win.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Cardinals nothing. I see the Braves, and that's not just "hometown" speak.

Wo... As good as the Braves are, I really don't believe that they're gonna stop that juggernaut of a team they've got in St. Louis... If they do I'll be happy as hell, but I doubt it... But I do agree on the fact that neither the Bo Sox or the Yanks are gonna win it all

How amazing would it be...

If the Red Sox made it to the World Series...

only to lose in Game 7 to Rick Ankiel. :D

It may not be the Yanks' year, but it's NEVER the Sox' year.

I see St. Louis, also. They just play too damn well together.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

Looks like it may be my fav NL team and fav AL team in the WS this year. Sox vs Cardinals :D . But I think when the Yankees fans talk about how their team isn't going to make the ALCS, they are afraid of the Red Sox. Shmee, Tank, and JKR, are afraid of the Sox whether they want to admit it or not. Our pitching is good, fielding has more gold since Mr. T in the 80's, and our batting is just plain disgusting....be afraid NY....be very afraid....

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Looks like it may be my fav NL team and fav AL team in the WS this year. Sox vs Cardinals :D . But I think when the Yankees fans talk about how their team isn't going to make the ALCS, they are afraid of the Red Sox. Shmee, Tank, and JKR, are afraid of the Sox whether they want to admit it or not. Our pitching is good, fielding has more gold since Mr. T in the 80's, and our batting is just plain disgusting....be afraid NY....be very afraid....

I'm not afriad of the Red Sox, I'm a fraid of this Yankee team. I've felt this way the past 3 years including 2002 when the Red Sox weren't in the playoffs.

Tank, is right this Yankee team is in love with the home run, the Championship teams weren't. They could hit home runs but they could also bunt and steal. They only reliable players on the team now I feel are Jeter, Matsui, and maybe Olerud.

I agree with jkr on this one. I'm not so much afraid of the Sox, and by no meand do I dislike them, I just don't think the Yankees can hold up this year. Too many guys that are too focused on themselves and not their pinstripes. And, our pitching is the suck. When El Duque is your best starter and you have no lefties, you have a problem. Whoops!

I honestly, even as a Yankee fan, wouldn't mind seeing the Sox win it all. In fact, it'd be quite a story, and it couldn't happen to a better group of guys. But let's face it everyone, the Cards are the best team in the majors, and it's the best team that wins titles.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

The Red Sox should be better in every way than the Yankees. They have way better pitching, better hitting except for the home run ball Red Sox or a Red Sox player leads allmost every offensive catagory. And the fielding goes to the Sox too. Has much has I want the Red Sox to win the World series I'd much rather have them take out the Yankees.

I'm still pulling for the Sox, although I normally wouldn't--just so I can stop hearing about the curse--sure I'll ahve to hear about how they broke it for a year, amybe two, but then it should fade away--only brought up infrequently, not every year all the time, like it seems to be now...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Archived