My fantasy baseball league uniforms

GeorgesL

Hi gang, I want to show you the uniforms of all 6 teams in my fantasy baseball league, known right now as National League (Canada).

First up, the Atlantic Schooners, out of Halifax, NS.

atlanticjerseys.jpg

Next, the defending league champs 3 years running, the Montréal Dragons. The pride of Québec, and the "Yankees" of Canada.

montrealjerseys.jpgNotice I used the script from the 1994-99 Brewers. Awesome script!!!

Next up, Canada's team, (and newly crowned League Champions) the Ottawa Beavers.

ottawajerseys.jpg

Next up, the "Boston Red Sox" of Canada, the Québec City Gulls.

quebeccityjerseys.jpg

Next, the Trois-Rivières Knights. A nice old N.Y. Giants feel to it.

troisrivieresjerseys.jpg

And last, a Toronto team still in the tweaking stage, but for now I call them the Toronto Blues. The "Cubs" of the league.

torontojerseys.jpg

That's all of them! What do you think?

I really like them all!

I like the Schooners logo the first time I saw it for the "almost" CFL team. It would be cool to have an alternate with "Schooners" in script across. But my two favorites are the the Montreal Dragons and their secondary logo, and the Quebec City Gulls. Very classy stuff. Nice job.

Detroit Dragons - 2010 ULL Gait Cup Champions

Detroit Cougars - 2010 and 2011 WAFA Wills Cup Champions

vey nice. my favorite would be the toronto blues. did u know that was suppose to be the name of the blue jays? i also like ur use of the university of tornto logo. very well done. i also like the montreal dragons. one suggestion for the dragons though. if they are the yankees of canada, then they should have a simple and classic a uni as possible. u did that very well here, execpt the fact that they are using two different types of hats. i would pick one and use it on both the home and road unis.

I like these alot. For the pinstriped jerseys, have you ever tried using a yankees style pinstripe pattern? (I think it's called zig zag stripes, but I'm not sure.) The stripes are a bit closer together and run down the sleve from the neck line, and I think that at least for the schooners, it may be a slight improvement. But good job either way.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Thanks for the feedback, guys!

pcqd: The Dragons' fonts I had to draw by memory. The rest I took from other logos, and rearranged the letters. The letters that didn't exist, I had to hand draw them.

Stampman and Pat: I always kept my fantasy league to 6 teams, to give other teams a chance to acquire really awesome, big name MLB players, and keep the league competitive. However, I have been considering a couple teams, notibly the Edmonton Trappers (I'll use their actual unis.) and Calgary Outlaws (which I'll be designing myself.)

gosioux76: The 94-99 Brewers look is da bomb! I wish I had an actual numerical/lettering chart for it. And yes, the Toronto unis do have a classic look to it, which was what I was aiming for.

scooter13: The Schooners (almost CFL) logo, I thought, would have worked as an actual baseball team, the first time I saw it. I do have an alternate navy blue jersey with "Atlantic" on it, and I did have a home jersey with "Schooners" in block, with "Atlantic" on the bottom, like the D-Backs used to have, but I thought the "A" logo worked better on the homes.

Icecap79: I was very fascinated by the University of Toronto logo, which made me think that it would look so awesome on a baseball uniform. The blue jerseys do exist, however. As for the Dragons caps, the one with the "MD" is the actual primary cap. I wanted to try the one with just the "M" on it for home, see how that comes out. I even have an actual Dragons cap at home, with the "MD", which I designed myself. (HE HE HE)

joshuamings: I am trying to find out the name of the Brewers' fonts. I have no idea what the names of the other fonts are.

Again, thanks!

being from portland, its easy to see you stole the Portland Beavers logo and put a maple leaf on the hat instead of the portland "p", nice job on everything else tho

So? Who cares if he used a logo alread in existance, he used previously existing logos for most of it. However alouette, I love the idea here, it's very cool to see what tweaks you made in the logos and I love the designs, great job!

Abbey.jpg

The Schooners (almost CFL) logo, I thought, would have worked as an actual baseball team, the first time I saw it. I do have an alternate navy blue jersey with "Atlantic" on it, and I did have a home jersey with "Schooners" in block, with "Atlantic" on the bottom, like the D-Backs used to have, but I thought the "A" logo worked better on the homes.

I agree with you on the logo. It is too cool to pass up using on a uni. I have always thought it would make a great crest on a hockey sweater. :D

Detroit Dragons - 2010 ULL Gait Cup Champions

Detroit Cougars - 2010 and 2011 WAFA Wills Cup Champions

• 2 weeks later...

nice work, I love Toronto blues, specialy logo and hat logo. But I noticed you have 3 different fonts used in that concept, the T on the hat is different than "Rengers like" T on the jersey and different then "Red Sox like" font on other jersey. If you could make everything look like T on the hat, that would be great.

I really like what you've done, but everything seems like a mix of recycled stuff already used.

I'm sorry, but I have to give more credit to people who try to make their own creative stuff, no matter how much I like it.

It's one thing to take a logo and re-design the uniforms for a team, but it's another to take that concept and copy it onto your own team. Especially at a time like now with the IHA incident. I can't respect that as much as you had hoped.

But the execution is great, and I think that if you try with your own logos & uniform ideas, you're bound to succeed.

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

Archived