Toronto to host bowl game?

OMMF

The Deportation Bowl

Send Temple... they don't have to come back either.... :P

I hear Temple may mercifully drop football after beging kicked outr of the Big East a confrence that lost 3 teams.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

You know what, this is a great move getting a bowl game in Toronto. I, as well as many Canadian sports fans are curious of the aura around College Football. You know I see it on TV with the band playing and the cheerleaders and the crazy ruach-infected fans... to be able to EXPERIENCE it would be so fun IMO.

It may even boost the spirit towards our own CIS College Football. Cause to be honest, nobody really cares about it up here cause they don't understand it down there.

The only sad thing is, the two main Toronto Universities, U of T and York U, usually battle for last place every year.

--

You know... every year I go down to Columbus, OH and every time I go they're nuts about the Ohio State Buckeyes. It's always the top news story on TV, it's the newspaper headlines, there are even Buckeye Apparel stores in the major malls, and they're clearly the most popular store in the mall. I dared my dad once to go in there and ask for a Michigan hat! :D He chickened out so he had to buy me a Buckeye Hat.

I've always wondered what makes the whole nation go nuts about it. But heck, that's what Americans ask about us being so crazy about Hockey.

It makes me so curious...

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

You know what, this is a great move getting a bowl game in Toronto. I, as well as many Canadian sports fans are curious of the aura around College Football. You know I see it on TV with the band playing and the cheerleaders and the crazy ruach-infected fans... to be able to EXPERIENCE it would be so fun IMO.

Detroit has the Motor City Bowl. That's not really that far away is it?

My love for Canada :flagcanada: is not something I hide but as a college football fan, this makes no sense to me.

Plus, you'd be getting a game with two crappy teams. MAC teams tend to be all or nothing and after the escape of a few teams from the Big East to the ACC, it isn't the football conference it used to be.

In my opinion bowl games in general don't come close to matching regular season games in regards to atmosphere. The main reason is because there is no "gasoline to pour on the fire", meaning that students can't get (or afford) tickets and travel to these games.

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

In my opinion bowl games in general don't come close to matching regular season games in regards to atmosphere. The main reason is because there is no "gasoline to pour on the fire", meaning that students can't get (or afford) tickets and travel to these games.

Good point. Add the fact that you have 2 teams that have hardly ever played each other, if ever. All that makes for some usually bad bowl games.

The best exception? The Holiday Bowl. That game rocks every year and is in the best city in the country.

Its worth a try, why not? I dont think it will work though, they dont care about College Sports in Canada at all add in iots cold there and you will have an empty stadium.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Its worth a try, why not? I dont think it will work though, they dont care about College Sports in Canada at all add in iots cold there and you will have an empty stadium.

We just don't care much about OUR college/university sports.

I saw, I came, I left.

Nope... we don't care about CIS... we care about NCAA... I can remember some NCAA basketball games at Maple Leaf Gardens drawing pretty decently.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

I think the reason most Canadians don't care about CIS football is because none of these players will make the NFL and only a handful will become recognizable names in the CFL (Jason Clermont, for example, is the only guy I can think of who came out of the CIS in recent years who had a big effect on his CFL team). CFL teams (our PRO teams) are lucky if they draw 20,000, so CIS doesn't have much of an audience below that. And Canada's a hockey country anyway, so low-level hockey will always prosper more than amateur football/sport. Hey, at least I'm following the Huskies...

Wagner Athletic Group

11-2 Saskatoon Steeds (WAFL)-NFL-2014 Western Conference Champions / 8-5 Calgary Pronghorns (TNFF)-CFL-2014 Confederation Cup XI Champions

14-6-2 Saskatoon Yellowheads (XHL)-NHL-1st, Gretzky Conference / 5-4-0 Saskatoon Czars (MLH)-AHL-T2nd, Calder Conference

7-1-6 VfL Dortmund (Weltliga)-Bundesliga-3rd, League / 5-1-5 West End AFC (WFL)-EPL-T5th, League

14-7 Saskatoon Sheiks (AA)-MLB-2014 Founder's Cup Champions

You know... every year I go down to Columbus, OH and every time I go they're nuts about the Ohio State Buckeyes. It's always the top news story on TV, it's the newspaper headlines, there are even Buckeye Apparel stores in the major malls, and they're clearly the most popular store in the mall. I dared my dad once to go in there and ask for a Michigan hat! :D He chickened out so he had to buy me a Buckeye Hat.

I've always wondered what makes the whole nation go nuts about it. But heck, that's what Americans ask about us being so crazy about Hockey.

It makes me so curious...

I wouldnt doubt it, yesterday I was at the wisconsin game, and I heard the numbers, 105,000 people were at the game, over a million were on campus for tailgating. But in actuallity we have great respect for michigan and michigan fans and I have seen michigan merchandise being sold in a store called Buckeye Corner, but that doesn't mean I would want to wear a michigan jersey to campus when we play michigan at home this year.

iceohio.jpgvultshelmet.png

crossout3.png

Hmmmmm. How exactly does this group feel it will benefit from a UConn-Bowling Green matchup in December? If they really wanted to make this a profitable venture with long term prospects, I would think they'd want to angle for an August game between two teams they could schedule well in advance and target market for several months. It appears that the NCAA is going to go to a permanent 12 game schedule within the next couple of years, so this would make a neutral site game a bit more appealing to a broader base of schools.

Archived