Celtics Alternate

EagleFan344

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mark this down:

The Celtics will NEVER wear an alternate. NEVER. The Celtics wearing black would be like the Yankees wearing purple.

Ain't gonna happen.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

Mark this down:

The Celtics will NEVER wear an alternate. NEVER. The Celtics wearing black would be like the Yankees wearing purple.

Ain't gonna happen.

...don't be so sure (!)...

i think i saw someone wearing a grey celtics fashion jersey now that sucked

Have you seen the pink jersey? I seen a dude sportin' that yesterday. Now THAT sucked.

[AD - NCFA] Arctic University Kodiaks (5-1-0, CONF 0-0-0)

[Owner - NABA] Arctic Menace (18-12)

Copying JQK and CC

Minneapolis.gif

VP.jpg

Didn't we discuss a few months ago how the Celtics had refused an alternate uniform?? Don't think we will see the Celts in anything other than green or white for a good while yet

LaLaLaLaLaLaLaLaLaLaLaLaLaLaLaLaLaLaLaLaLa

B)

Didn't we discuss a few months ago how the Celtics had refused an alternate uniform?? Don't think we will see the Celts in anything other than green or white for a good while yet

LaLaLaLaLaLaLaLaLaLaLaLaLaLaLaLaLaLaLaLaLa

B)

cant anyone see the hint there lol

I can't wait to see the reactions on this board when/if a black Celtics alt is released. Traditionalists/Adding Black Haters are going to have their minds explode.

I think its unneccessary and horrible. Green and black do not a uniform make.

Does anyone think that PANTONE could be playing a joke on us. With his access to information which he can't tell us he has a lot of power in making us think that something may happen. Thus drives us crazy, like a Celtics black alt.

1) I don't think he's messing with us, i know he's got a lot of info in his head he can't share, and he just would love to burst and tell us, but can't, right Pantone???

2) I think the black warmups are pretty telling about the Celtics' choices regarding alts. Why would they ditch their classic warmups for such a bold intro of black if not to add a black alt this year, or perhaps next season?

Mark this down:

Ain't gonna happen.

Actually, it'd be like the Yankees wearing a Navy alternate. Not as drastic as purple, but still unlikely.

On the other hand, this might actually be likely.

It might just be an alt with black added into the color scheme. Maybe black outlines around the green numbers. I figured the Celtics might add gold, since it has traditionally been a trim color with warmups and jackets.

So what if they do add black? I've seen the "fashion" jerseys with black, and the numbers are green outlined in white. It's not THAT bad. It doesn't say Celtics, but it's still a fairly simple design, unlike some other regulars or alts I've seen in the NBA. Mavs' Hefty Bag look, Suns' orange, Raptors purple/black combo. Remember the Rockets' pinstriped pajamas? At least black isn't just added for the hell of it...it is a part of the leprechaun logo. I think black can be added as a trim. Not necessarily as an alt, but I don't think it will be that garish.

Does anyone think differently of the Lakers (soap operas aside) since they've added a white alt? What about the Knicks? They forced black into the blue and orange scheme years before the Mets did; now it's part of the full-time scheme.

and to schlim: I think Baylor, Marshall, Dallas Stars and Philadelphia Eagles might say otherwise about green and black not making a uniform.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

theres no such thing as fashion warm ups, those are the warm ups theyll wear, but a warmup color doesnt depict an alternate like that. the sonics have black warmups and the pistons have red warmups and the grizzlies had red warmups before they switched to their new look this year. but hell it does seem pantones hinting so hopefully they will have a black alt. its not bad. it wont be just straight black and green like the rewind fashion unis they put out a while back. they'll have green and white along with black if they do go with a black alt.

Archived