• Created
  • Last Reply

I love it.

Super Bowl XXX is the best logo? YUCK!

Try

SB%2023%20cl.gif

and

SB%2033%20cl.gif

The first one is sleeker and yet still traditional, MUCH better than SB 30, and the second one is art deco in style, something I absolutely love.

The new logo is excellent. I am a little bothered by the white in between the letters XL, but I can live with it.

I have to support NYSeahawk's eval, there tends to be a slant of hating things if it doesn't fit (1) a traditional look or (2) something we'd have done.

I think we sometimes forget that someone is getting paid ALOT to do that work. For instance, someone got paid $1 million do make the logo in the upper left corner. How do I know that? It was in the paper here.

I don't want to diminish anyone on thie board's work, but I have yet to hear anything positive about changes made on nearly everything. Is there anything anyone IS happy with here?

Hmm I think atleats I hope they rework that some.

Huh?? I've read this a few times, and it still doesn't read like English.

Anyway, didn't JQK do a pretty knock-out concept for XL a while back? This one, despite NYS's whine that we hate everything, is... well, it's not good. It's horribly dull for a Super Bowl logo, doubly so given some of the stuff they've done in recent years that hasn't been over-the-top crazy, yet has been exceptionally sharp.

screw you man.... Oh wait, I forgot your gay... don't take that literally...

Whine? I am entitled to my opinion and I made it without insulting anyone. It is a proven fact that designers or people with artistic flair or interest seldom like other initial designs, and will always have some comment or criticism to make on how to improve it.

This is something else you could have PMed me on. :evil:

Detroit Free Press story

Here's a story from the Detroit Free Press about the XL logo. The middle Super Bowl is supposed to resemble a "dashboard odometer" and the overall logo is supposed to be "reminiscent of automotive detailing."

Personally, I think they could have done better, but hey the Super Bowl's coming to my state so...I can't complain too much.

Detroit Free Press story

Here's a story from the Detroit Free Press about the XL logo. The middle Super Bowl is supposed to resemble a "dashboard odometer" and the overall logo is supposed to be "reminiscent of automotive detailing."

Personally, I think they could have done better, but hey the Super Bowl's coming to my state so...I can't complain too much.

Agreed... it certainly does look exactly like something the Ford Company would use to promote their cars...

As I said... I definitely think it fits the theme and location perfectly.

Sorry to go against the grain, but I actually think the logo works. Sure, it doesn't follow the same pattern as those that came before, but the word "superbowl" fits with the Detroit area as it seems to be in a car odometer. The colors are classic, and I think it will bring a much needed "refreshment" into what has become an event that no longer feels like a football game.

just my two cents....

As I said... I definitely think it fits the theme and location perfectly.

Like hell it does.

What does this logo have to do with Detroit? Give me a generic finned automobile over that anyday.

Detroit is Motor City, not Blandsville.

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

Absolutely horrid! It looks good on like a t-shirt as a side logo. But as the official logo? My 4 year old niece could have come up with a better design. I agree the host commitee logo was 10 times better than this crap. It looks like someone said, I have a shirt that has XL on it, that'd be a great Super Bowl logo. Uhhh . . .

NO!

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Hmm I think atleats I hope they rework that some.

Huh?? I've read this a few times, and it still doesn't read like English.

Anyway, didn't JQK do a pretty knock-out concept for XL a while back? This one, despite NYS's whine that we hate everything, is... well, it's not good. It's horribly dull for a Super Bowl logo, doubly so given some of the stuff they've done in recent years that hasn't been over-the-top crazy, yet has been exceptionally sharp.

From January 15th of this year

super+bowl+xl.gif

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Brywhit: That logo is WAY to detailed. It completely deviates from the "tradition" some of the others have stated. It isn't bad, but it is too detailed for a Super Bowl logo.

J.Q. King: That is closer to being a "Super Bowl" style logo. I like it.

My 2 cents.

Archived