• Buffalo
  • Cleveland
  • Dallas
  • Detroit
  • Indianapolis
  • New England
  • Oakland
  • Washington

The Cardinals have needed Red facemasks for decades now, and Indianapolis should go back to Blue (along with Dallas). I've always thought Oakland looked better Black masks (Marcus Allen wore a Raiders helmet with a Black facemask in a Pro Bowl years ago), and I think the Redskins would look better with a little Black trim.

...and...I hate Yellow masks.

I don't think the Patriots' blue face mask works. The navy blue dominates the color scheme. There is hardly any red...the logos and some trim/stripes are the only signs of red. They need a red facemask to break up all the navy. And the red ties in the team's history, as bad as it was most of the time in the red jerseys.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

The Cardinals have needed Red facemasks for decades now, and Indianapolis should go back to Blue (along with Dallas).  I've always thought Oakland looked better Black masks (Marcus Allen wore a Raiders helmet with a Black facemask in a Pro Bowl years ago), and I think the Redskins would look better with a little Black trim.

...and...I hate Yellow masks.

Did the Raiders actually have black face masks at one point, or was Marcus the only one wearing one, because I remember him wearing one at some point too. Also, did the Cowboys wear blue masks in the mid-80's or am I just making that up? (I wasn't born yet, so I think I should get a pass if I'm wrong on both questions :P )

PS-I agree, Yellow Masks suck!!!!!!

I've decided to give up hope for all sports teams I follow

I think it depends on the color of the helmet shells and the shade of yellow used. The Steelers and Chiefs just look bad, but I'm not sure if it's the clash of the colors used, or just plain old tradition. Probably both. But yes, I do wish the Chargers would go back to the yellow masks. (Actually, I wish they would go back even farther, but this isn't the thread for that discussion) :rolleyes:

I've decided to give up hope for all sports teams I follow

Archived