Mark Cuban Overhaul Challenge

LMU

To celebrate my 1,000th post, I'll be holding a contest to "Cubanize" the uniforms and logos of the other teams in Dallas besides the Mavs (Stars, Rangers, Cowboys, Desperados, FC Dallas). By Cubanizing, I'm referring to taking the logos and uniforms of the mentioned Dallas teams and radically changing them like Cuban changed the Mavericks. For reference:

Old:

DallasMavericks5.GIF

New:

sports_mavericks_big.gif

The deadline for the contest will be Friday, December 17, at about 11:00 PM Pacific, and yes, there will be sigs awarded to the top 3. Post or PM me any questions.

VmWIn6B.png

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Damn AAO, nice work again. And to think I thought you were another one of those crappy uniform concept makers like me when you first came here.

Is that suppose to be dark green or black? Maybe make it a little lighter if its green.

Now, when you mean Cubanize, do we also have to get rid of the color scheme the team currently has as well?

Not necessarily. You can either change the scheme entirely, or as AAO did, just add another color.

VmWIn6B.png

as a citizen of dallas, and a diehard stars fan for over 1/2 of my 20 years on earth, i can't wait to try this contest.

however, it may be hard to cubanize the dallas stars, considering that the current uniforms are pretty complex and a little too modern as it is.

as a citizen of dallas, and a diehard stars fan for over 1/2 of my 20 years on earth, i can't wait to try this contest.

however, it may be hard to cubanize the dallas stars, considering that the current uniforms are pretty complex and a little too modern as it is.

Remember, it's not limited to just the Stars.

VmWIn6B.png

Remember, it's not limited to just the Stars.

i know....... but them's my homeboys :)

i'll probably do the cowboys, since i won't feel bad for trampling any of their traditions with a concept :)

Ok I know this sort of sucks but I don't have the creative skills and fancy software some of you use ^_^... but I thought it was about time the Stars embraced their new home in Texas a little. Any fans that followed them from Minnesota should look away now.

dallas_stars.png

stars_cubanised.PNG

Still working on a Texan themed tertiary to put on the shoulders... will add it if I get time.

(Credit to STL Fanatic for the template)

Edit: In line with the Mavs alt, here is a Stars alt in a mix of old and new colours, with retro styling from an era when they didn't actually exist ^_^

dallas_alts.PNG

liverpool-1.png

Archived