Saskatchewan Roughriders Concept

Braden

Here is my Roughriders concept in what I hope to be a series of concepts for the CFL. The unis over there could use some adjusting although there are some teams with awesome uniforms (eg. Toronto & Montreal)

As you know, all feedback is greatly appreciated.

SAS2.gif

I tried to extend the three grey stripes on the home uniform from the pants all the way up the underarm to the sleeve stripe. That also was my intention (in three green stripes) on the away uniform. I did put alot more black than I wanted to though... but I think it turned out well...

I'm glad I cleared out the cobwebs in this one.

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is really cool.

Only thing is, I think it'd be better if you made the pants striping the same on both pairs of pants. Of course, change the jersey striping accordingly as well. I know in some cases a stripe might disappear (blend in) because of this, but I think it'd be better because the pants would be interchangable. Actually, now that I look at it again...if you extend the black stripe up the jersey too, then nothing blends in...c'mon, you know you wanna do it...

Also, how about silver and/or white pants in addition to/in place of the black pants?

Two things... I'd have the wheat stalk slant forwards on the pants, and I'd lose the gray (on the black pants) or green (on the green pants) portions of the side stripes... I know it matches the logo, but I can't get past the fact that it feels too busy to me.

Otherwise, I think it'd be a signficant improvement. I like the sleeve trim, and the number font is cool.

Too bad... all this good design, wasted on the a team from a province whose sum-total IQ is less than the sum-total of their teeth.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

it feels too busy to me.

syphi has a point here. the striping is so complex, i think it would be best to simplify everything else, in which case, i think is to use solid sleeve cuffs, as cool as the design is. good font and good design, but there is a lot going on.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I like it, except for the black. Exchange the black for silver or white. I really like the pants design.

Spoiler

New York Rangers. Stanley Cup Champions - 1928, 1933, 1940, 1994. Saskatchewan. Cold. 1905-2022.

Something I don't understand about the Saskatchewan Roughriders colors: Since they use grain within their logo, why do they have silver and black as part of their color scheme? Why isn't a grainy gold in with the green?

Because the Edmonton Eskimos are already green and yellow-gold.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

You don't have to add gold and get rid of the silver and black, and make the Roughriders look like the Eskimos.

Simply make the Roughriders uniforms and logos green and white with gold trim. It wouldn't look at all like the Eskimos.

Off topic:

What the heck is a Roughrider? Is that even a word?

Please ignore my CFL ignorance.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

A skilled rider of little-trained horses, especially one who breaks horses for riding.

Period.

A Rough Rider (as in Ottawa).

A member of the First U.S. Volunteer Cavalry regiment under Theodore Roosevelt in the Spanish-American War.

Which is strange.

Spoiler

New York Rangers. Stanley Cup Champions - 1928, 1933, 1940, 1994. Saskatchewan. Cold. 1905-2022.

Too bad... all this good design, wasted on the a team from a province whose sum-total IQ is less than the sum-total of their teeth.

So much for "Friendly Manitoba," huh, SyPhi?

Wagner Athletic Group

11-2 Saskatoon Steeds (WAFL)-NFL-2014 Western Conference Champions / 8-5 Calgary Pronghorns (TNFF)-CFL-2014 Confederation Cup XI Champions

14-6-2 Saskatoon Yellowheads (XHL)-NHL-1st, Gretzky Conference / 5-4-0 Saskatoon Czars (MLH)-AHL-T2nd, Calder Conference

7-1-6 VfL Dortmund (Weltliga)-Bundesliga-3rd, League / 5-1-5 West End AFC (WFL)-EPL-T5th, League

14-7 Saskatoon Sheiks (AA)-MLB-2014 Founder's Cup Champions

Thanks for the input guys. I thought I'd try it out emphasizing the stripes in the logo. It's obvious that the underarm stripes make it too busy. It was worth a try.

See this is what experimenting is for...

I still think the pants striping is awesome... I'll try some silver & white examples to the uniforms.

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

Archived