King of the Concept II

Nick 1733

King of the Concept II

Christmas Edition

Football - NFL Expansion

RULES: You must come up with a full concept for one of the nine teams listed (anyone can do any of the teams, not limited to one per team).

Primary Logo, Wordmark, Alternate Logo; Helmet, Home & Away Jerseys, Home & Away Pants, Socks.

You may use any colors you wish.

Anyone not follwing ALL of the rules will be disqualified.

Teams Are:

Calgary Dragons

Hartford Stingrays

Los Angeles Fire

Maui Piranhas

Toronto Aliens

Tulsa Raptors

*Baltimore Bombers

*Memphis Houndogs

*St Louis Stallions

other than Los Angeles & Maui, the mascot names are flexable, just run it by me first please.

* - Failed NFL Expansion attempts, you MAY NOT use the logos they had made for them.

Deadline: January 1st

You may use any template you like.

If anyone would like me to post the ones I did a while ago, I will.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nothing to wake up early for today so I came up with this, fire away:

EDIT 12/10/2004: SOCKS and WORDMARK ADDED...

aliens2.jpg

spacer.png

FANTASY SPORTS: UBA (NBA): New York Scrapers | CL (MLB): St Pete Beach Clippers

Big thanks to Fuzzlewig for the use of the template.

Which makes this look half decent.

Well, let you be the judge of that:

I give you the ST LOUIS STALLIONS

STL-Stallions.gif

How I came to the colours:

I was going to go for St Louis' Blue, Red, Yellow & White, but that was no good as both the Cards and the Blues have those colours.

Then I went Blue and Orange(mixing the Yellow and Red)

However, a large horse head on Blue and Orange is taken.

So Instead, I darkened the Red and dropped the Yellow.

I tried Gold, but it looked like a cheap Rams knock-off.

So I went for the next precious metal Silver.

So there we are: Navy, Burgundy and Silver.

And what would any self respecting team be without their merchandising catalogue.STL-Supporters.gif

EDIT: Helmet stripes and proper acknowledgement of Horse logo added in

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

i'm sorry to have to do it, but rmered has used the logo of dark horse comics as his primary logo for his st. louis stallions.

http://images.darkhorse.com/darkhorse/home/logo_green.gif

i don't like to rain on people's parade, especially when i have such a low post count, but i've been reading comics for a while now, and i immediatly noticed the dark horse logo.

i'm not certain what reprocussions this will have (if any) in the competition, but i thought it would be better if judges and so forth knew this information.

i'm sorry to have to do it, but rmered has used the logo of dark horse comics as his primary logo for his st. louis stallions.

i don't like to rain on people's parade, especially when i have such a low post count, but i've been reading comics for a while now, and i immediatly noticed the dark horse logo.

i'm not certain what reprocussions this will have (if any) in the competition, but i thought it would be better if judges and so forth knew this information.

Well, he'll either have to change it or his current entry will be disqualified.

Freo heave-ho

Freo heave-ho

da da da dada da

Freo, Freo

Freo way to go

hit em' real hard send em' down below-o

Freo, the old heave-ho

We are the Freo Dockers

Dock, Dock, Dockers

Rmered is the only one that knows what i'm talkin about...and i know these words are wrong but I was just singin it in my head so i'm making up the words sort a

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

Yep. Quite happily admit that. (Well, obviously, given it's right there in their logo)

Most who know me know that I have absolutely no ability in drawing and will therefore use whatever I can find.

From the initial comp rules my understanding was that logos other than existing St Louis Stallions were fair and above board.

My apologies to all concerned (except those in the WAFA comp, who already know where the logo is from, as I'm using it there too).

Basically, if it comes to re-designing a uniform with existing logos, I'm IN, if it comes to new logos, I'm pretty much OUT.

So, upon re-reading the rules, I'm OUT.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

Well, he'll either have to change it or his current entry will be disqualified.

Why? Here are the rules:

RULES: You must come up with a full concept for one of the nine teams listed (anyone can do any of the teams, not limited to one per team).

Primary Logo, Wordmark, Alternate Logo; Helmet, Home & Away Jerseys, Home & Away Pants, Socks.

You may use any colors you wish.

Anyone not follwing ALL of the rules will be disqualified

Let's see - come up with a full concept? Check

for one of the nine teams listed? Check

Primary wordmark, wordmark, Alt logo, helmet, Home and away jerseys and pants, socks? Check, check, and so on

I don't see where it says that you must create your own, original logo. The rules just say to create a full concept. Using somebody else's logo is STILL creating a full concept, unless you mean create from nothing, in which case I'd argue that everyone is using someone's color scheme.

rmered - I'd try to work in the arches as some sort of helmet stripe - I've always figured that could look cool.

It's where I sit.

Okay, I noticed that I didn't state that using a different logo wasn't allowed, so rmered your entry will be allowed.

DarthMan: The names did come from my WAFL list of teams I had, but I'm not having this contest to use any of them for it. I just had the names a thought it would be cool to do a competition using them. Ya know, see what people can come up with.

Also, since the boards were down for a few days then the deadline will be extended two days.

The names did come from my WAFL list of teams I had, but I'm not having this contest to use any of them for it.

just wanted to make sure if i do enter- you can never be too careful

"We have nothing to fear except fear itself."

Archived