Proposed New Winnipeg Stadium Pics

Lee.

board11ql.jpg

board26vw.jpg

board34gm.jpg

board40tv.jpg

Discuss. For some reason, it reminds me a bit of Seahawks Stadium, a little bit of Texas Stadium (mainly the overhanging canopy)...but overall, I like it. Not thrilled with the location, but hey...beggars can't be choosers.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Is there a reason why there's so much greenspace around the stadium, or conversely, why the hell are the parking lots so far away from the stadium? Is this some kind of environmental impact compliance or something?

Well, it is outside the city limits, about a mile or two west of Winnipeg. It would be located adjacent to Red River Exhibition Park (the fairgrounds), and Assiniboia Downs (the horse track). There's also an auto mall, but I hate those things so I don't mention it if I don't have to.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Apparently they are expecting most of the Blue Bombers fans to be Holograms in the future......

Actually, those are Rider fans...imaginary beings who haunt other stadiums across the country to watch their team lose to the home side.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Parking lots?

Nice look--but you know I like the look of their current stadium--it doesn't fit into any category of stadiums, and seems unique to me--so I like it-but this ones okay too...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

I'm guessing those drawings are diagramatic at this point, but based on what I'm seeing, I've come to two conclusions:

1) It's a boring, minimalist design that has absolutely no context around it: it's basically an object floating in space.

2) If the diagram is any indication of the rake of the seating decks, the upper deck seats are going to have terrible sight lines.

QPR%20Sig.png

Further to this thing:

1. Federal and provincial governments have said they will pony up funds if the "feasibility study" shows promise

2. $165 million Canadian to build.

3. Looks like a big toilet seat from the top.

4. something tells me that with all the work they put into this already, they're propsing more than just a "study" to see if it'll all work out...

Welcome to DrunjFlix

3. Looks like a big toilet seat from the top.

Well the team is called the Blue Bombers. :D

realclearpolitics.com

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire."

- Robert A. Heinlein

Is it gonna be named Loser Stadium?  I see the Winnipeg Losers logo at midfield.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

Again, this comes from someone in an area without pro football.

I don't need pro football to have a good time.

I will guarentee that any if ever a pro football team comes to the area, it will not be anywhere near the levels of loserness of the Winnipeg Blue Bombers.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

I really like the concept of this stadium. I also like the idea of a hotel in the stadium. Yes, it does remind of the old stadium in Cleveland. The Bombers really need a new stadium. So again, I really like the renderings and plans.

dodgers-1.png

I like everything about the plan...

...except the location. Totally the wrong end of the city for me.

The current location rocks. Right in the middle of everything. The only thing near this new location is a racetrack that nobody under 40 cares about, a drive-in theatre, a trailer park and an automall.

Here's a better idea... let's raze Transcona and build it there. :)

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Archived