Reggie White dies of heart attack

VandyDelphia Mike

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My first reaction is to say "too soon!" But is that warranted?

Who are we to say "too soon"? Does life owe us 70+ years? Or are we merely squatters on this earth, here for a while with a chance to change the world, but with no real claim to the life we have, the opportunities we are given, and the things we hold dear?

Reggie White is a great example of a man who took the world by storm, not for his own ends alone, but to the benefit of fellow man and heaven alike. I mourn his loss, and continue to be blessed by his example. Congrats Reggie! You have run hard and finished your race!

So you're saying it's good that he died?

Odd...

Sad for us... happy for him!

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Odd...

I'm sorry, but if I was ripped from life so soon, never being able to see my family and friends again, never being able to experience the little things we take for granted, I wouldn't be happy.

But then again I'm the weird one!

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Odd...

I'm sorry, but if I was ripped from life so soon, never being able to see my family and friends again, never being able to experience the little things we take for granted, I wouldn't be happy.

Nothing weird at all about not wanting to die. ^_^

wow, this is indeed shocking. I always liked him, it hurt though when he went to the Packers, it was harder to like him :P Sad day, RIP Reg.

agreed.

I will always remember Reg as an Eagle rather than a Packer.

Of course, most people tend to remember his Super Bowl rings with GB.

ONE SAD EAGLE FAN

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

Odd...

But since Reggie had such a tight relationship, as he called it, with Jesus, one can assume he is happy being called home. No one wants to leave behind their loved ones, but his faith probably softened the blow. Plus, I'm sure he's getting ready for the call off the bench from the Big Guy upstairs with the headset...

Wagner Athletic Group

11-2 Saskatoon Steeds (WAFL)-NFL-2014 Western Conference Champions / 8-5 Calgary Pronghorns (TNFF)-CFL-2014 Confederation Cup XI Champions

14-6-2 Saskatoon Yellowheads (XHL)-NHL-1st, Gretzky Conference / 5-4-0 Saskatoon Czars (MLH)-AHL-T2nd, Calder Conference

7-1-6 VfL Dortmund (Weltliga)-Bundesliga-3rd, League / 5-1-5 West End AFC (WFL)-EPL-T5th, League

14-7 Saskatoon Sheiks (AA)-MLB-2014 Founder's Cup Champions

Chris, you don't have faith. Reggie had his faith, and he knew that when he died, he would be called twords everlasting life, in the paradise of God, and that he would see his family once again.

That is faith. Faith is not being afraid of death. Faith is knowing that there is a better world beyond this one.

And i'm not even a practicing catholic.

Now i know you're an atheist, and we can debate theology all you like (i love debating, fun times), but don't disparage the faith of a man who just died.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Chris, you don't have faith. Reggie had his faith, and he knew that when he died, he would be called twords everlasting life, in the paradise of God, and that he would see his family once again.

That is faith. Faith is not being afraid of death. Faith is knowing that there is a better world beyond this one.

And i'm not even a practicing catholic.

Now i know you're an atheist, and we can debate theology all you like (i love debating, fun times), but don't disparage the faith of a man who just died.

Well put JQK. Even thought I am a secularist, I really respect White as a person of faith who did a lot for his family and community. I think Reggie would want to be remembered more for that than what he did on the field.

I saw, I came, I left.

Well, Reggie White's faith was a strong part of the reason he made those bigoted and sterotyped statements before the Wisconsin House of Representatives. He might have apologized since, but it's not like he made those statements at the time to get a reaction...he really felt this way.

Since that time, I will associate White with his ignorance more than his actions on the football field.

This does not diminish his accomplishments, nor does it tarnish all the great charitable work he has done in his lifetime. He was the most dominating defensive player of our generation. And he was a great humanitarian for the work he has done with his ministry.

It's just a shame that to me, when I think of Reggie White, I think of what he said that day.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

What was so wrong with what he said?

Alot of that was funnier that :censored:.....

Were they bad stereotypes? I don't think so.

It was another example the PC world crashing down on someone once again.

You can make fun of whitey, but no one else....

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Tank, there's a difference between retiring a number and retiring a jersey.

When the Eagles retired Jerome Brown's #99 in the early 90s, they retired the number. No Eagle will ever wear #99 again.

When the Packers retired Reggie White's #92 in 1999, they retired the jersey. In theory, someone could wear #92 for the Packers again.

You see the same thing in college hoops with UNC and Duke retiring jerseys. Due to the limited numbers compared to the roster size, they honor the player but leave the number open for use again.

LvZYtbZ.png

A sad day indeed for us all football fans to lose someone like Reggie White...such a big shock to find out he died....but I'm sure Reggie is already up in heaven preaching and getting together a dream football team....if so! God bless Reggie's soul..and I hope Green Bay and Philly can get together for a game and honor him and retire his jersey number for good!!!

ESPN reported that Mike Sherman and Bob Harlan discussed retiring White's number this past Christmas eve.

The number will be retired next season.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

Quantumfreak, I hope the Packers find it okay to retire the number on the road.

I think it's only appropriate for the Eagles and Packers to retire the number at the same game, which would be next year's Eagles-Packers game at Lincoln Financial Field.

LvZYtbZ.png

Archived