Canada Gold Colour Change

NickNickNick

Wow... I'm not sure where I stand on this, whether it's marketing or arrogance, but I'm leaning a bit more towards "pride". I dunno...

But what I do know is that back in October, I put together a Team Canada concept using gold instead of silver. The maple leaf is modified from one of the Ottawa Senators alt logos, and I used the World Cup patch for the hell of it. Thanks to Roger Clemente for the template and Eriq Jaffe for the fonts.

CDNHJ.gif

C&C always encouraged and appreciated...

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

Not arrogant--but celebratory..

Arrogant?

MLB, NBA, and NFL champions being called World Champions...

arrogant? yeah... it is... like it or not, it is.

and if the tables were turned, and this was the USA doing it, i'm sure there would be riots in the streets of sarnia about how evil and arrogant the USA is.

Which was exactly my thought behind the original "arrogant" post way up there... I knew if I saw the US hockey team or any other US team doing this for the same reason, I'd think it was arrogant, therefore ANY team that does this, even my own, gets the same treatment from me...

There... that's about as unbiased a statement as you'll ever get from someone :)

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Fun idea!

NCFA-FCS/CBB: Minnesota A&M | RANZBA (OOTP): Auckland Warriors | USA: Front Range United | IFA: Toverit Helsinki | FOBL: Kentucky Juggernaut

Minnesota A&M 2012 National Champions 2013 National Finalist, 2014 National Semi-finals 2012, 2013, 2014 Big 4 Conference Champions

Eh, I don't see it as being too arrogant, but it's kind of like if the Patriots were to make it to the Super Bowl, and wear a patch commemorating the fact that they won it last year -- it wouldn't be right. So I tend to agree with what ColeDMD said...

Once next years tourney/game/whatever starts, you're no longer the champs.

IUe6Hvh.png

Arrogant?

and if the tables were turned, and this was the USA doing it, i'm sure there would be riots in the streets of sarnia about how evil and arrogant the USA is.

Which was exactly my thought behind the original "arrogant" post way up there... I knew if I saw the US hockey team or any other US team doing this for the same reason, I'd think it was arrogant, therefore ANY team that does this, even my own, gets the same treatment from me...

There... that's about as unbiased a statement as you'll ever get from someone :)

Soo hanging banners in your arena/stadium is arrogant too?

It's a celebration!

It's not a patch as others have mentioned either--a patch could be seen as arrogant--but this is a design change to celebrate...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Eh, I don't see it as being too arrogant, but it's kind of like if the Patriots were to make it to the Super Bowl, and wear a patch commemorating the fact that they won it last year -- it wouldn't be right.

um, they DID do that. granted, it was only for one game but they did. :hockeysmiley:

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Sounds arrogant

Yeah, it does. I don't think it's as arrogant as the USA team in Salt Lake City having the maple leaf on the floor to walk over, but that's just me.

I guess two can play at that game. <_<

As for the new change, I really like it. In fact, I've always kinda wondered why it didn't have a gold border around the logo to begin with. I mean, even if the team has only been world beaters recently, our players are still amongst the best in the NHL. I mean, how many teams are there that won the cup without a Canadian or several in their lineup?

HibsSignature.gif

Thanks go to Eddie010 for the Signature and Avatar. Nice work, mate!

The only league that doesn't work in is the NHL, and I don't think anybody uses that.

When the NHL is playing even they can use the term World Champion. They don't but they could. There is no better hockey league in the World than the NHL (when it's playing). Could some team from Europe beat the Lightning last year. No, because on most years the Euro leagues are filled with players who clouldn't make it in the NHL. Same thing for the other sports, the Yuromiri Giants are not going to be able to beat the Boston Red Sox, the CFL champ won't beat the Patriots, and a Euro league champ won't beat the Pistons in Basketball. The best players play in North America at the pro level. The only league I would have a problem with them calling themselve World Champs is the MLS Champs. ]

As far as the Uni yes it does seem a bit arrogant to change your logo instead of just wearing a patch. But when you are number 1 you earn the right to be arrogant.

Arrogant?

I agree. Besides, what happens one day when you lose a few tournaments? Then you just look silly.

Plus the jerseys are already perfect as is.

TrevorLindensig.jpg

TrevorLindenJerseys.png

The only league that doesn't work in is the NHL, and I don't think anybody uses that.

When the NHL is playing even they can use the term World Champion. They don't but they could. There is no better hockey league in the World than the NHL (when it's playing). Could some team from Europe beat the Lightning last year. No, because on most years the Euro leagues are filled with players who clouldn't make it in the NHL. Same thing for the other sports, the Yuromiri Giants are not going to be able to beat the Boston Red Sox, the CFL champ won't beat the Patriots, and a Euro league champ won't beat the Pistons in Basketball. The best players play in North America at the pro level. The only league I would have a problem with them calling themselve World Champs is the MLS Champs. ]

As far as the Uni yes it does seem a bit arrogant to change your logo instead of just wearing a patch. But when you are number 1 you earn the right to be arrogant.

the champs of the israeli leauge could give the pistons a run for their money. as for the colour change on the canada jerseys, i dont like it. it has nothing to do with arrogance or anything. if the usa did it i wouldnt have a problem. imo u can be arrogant when it comes to international sports (team usa DID cross a line in salt lake though). i just dont like it because i think team canada should only wear red and white. the canada cup jerseys were the best team canada jerseys imo.

Arrogant or not, they will sell several million jerseys based on what I saw at the World Junior Tournament. I bet over 85% of the Canadian fans had jerseys on. :flagcanada:

(Note to fellow Americans: Not ONE Canadian had their jersey tucked into their pants like a dress shirt either :hockeysmiley: )

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

I think Canada needs a third colour. Red and white only is very boring. I'm just glad they use black, and not blue like they used to. There was a time when they were just red and white, as in this '94 photo:

TC94_celebration.gif

here's red, white, and blue:

hm_16_16.jpg

and red, white, and black:

dec20_canswe1-ap.jpg

i think black pants is the best look. but i'd like to see them wear red pants with the white jersey. there's too much black in that set.

Blue was kind of an "unofficial" official colour of Canada up until 1980. That's why the blue.

Anyone have any pics of the pink Women's Canada jerseys?

Spoiler

New York Rangers. Stanley Cup Champions - 1928, 1933, 1940, 1994. Saskatchewan. Cold. 1905-2022.

Eh, I don't see it as being too arrogant, but it's kind of like if the Patriots were to make it to the Super Bowl, and wear a patch commemorating the fact that they won it last year -- it wouldn't be right.

um, they DID do that. granted, it was only for one game but they did. :hockeysmiley:

Yeah, yeah, yeah. I know. :D

What I meant, was if they wore the Super Bowl Champions patch they wore in week 1 in this years Super Bowl, if they made it.

IUe6Hvh.png

Archived