Dueling retros in Houston

sj32

with the old and new pics, you can see the inconsistency in the weight of the numerals. they are slightly thicker on the throwbacks than on the real thing.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Can I just say for the record that those Houston retros are hotter than hell, and I would love to see them worn on a regular basis. I actually like them much better than that thing they wear now.

---I also liked the navy blue pinstripe thingy, my opinion means nothing..... :-)

I like these special nights and all, but why can't the Rockets use their home white retro that night? We're getting to the point where the white uni is expendable (except like when a red team plays a red or orange team). A bunch of colleges are doing it now. What's to say that the NFL isn't going to let that happen like they do sometime on Thanksgiving? I just don't want it to get to be bush league or when you never know what color your team is going to wear.

KISSwall09.jpg

Well for one thing, it doesn't work for hockey.

I rememeber one time the Montreal Canadiens and the New York Rangers both wore colored jerseys on some retro night a few years ago... The players couldn't tell who was who... Kept bumping into their own teammates... After the second period, the Habs players had to come out wearing their white home helmets (with their red jerseys) and it looked absolutely ridiculous. Never, ever again! Not even on L.A. Kings throwback night!

That was simply the ugliest retro game I have ever seen. Both Indiana & Houston's uniforms were horrid!

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Archived