My First Submission

RedEye

master splinter?! :shocked:

just kidding. that looks pretty sweet... my only complaint is that the jersey the rat is wearing sorta looks like a hurricanes jersey more than a devils jersey.

great debut. welcome to the board.

Wow.. that looks great.

Can someone post the original, so we can see how much this is improved?

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Pay, Here is the original.

I am tweaking the jersey the rat is wearing to more closely match the Devil's jerseys. and I have modified the jersey template to be a bit more professional.

Will post those changes soon.

Original River Rats Logo

AlbanyOriginal.jpg

I agree with AAO, I'm usually not a big fan of cartoon-ish logos, but you did a great job on this one. Good consistincies throughout. I would, however, like to see "Albany" emphasized a bit more and not vertical like it is, and I know this is being nitpicky, but in your tertiary logo, the black and red outlines around the right bottom of the A seem to be jagged. The font you are using for the A is from "Albany" and not "RiverRats", I am assuming. It might be interesting to see what it looks like with the RiverRats font. Like I said though, nitpicking.

Good job overall man! :)

WTG, what a debut!!!

I live in the Albany area, and let me tell you this...

We fans LOVE the nickname, but most of us are tiring of Rowdie the River Rat. It's about time the ownership change logos...and more important, ditch the Devils unis. Fifty miles north of Albany is the UHL's Adirondack Frostbite, who have a MUCH better logo....

tumblr_nulnnz7RCV1r5jqq2o1_250.jpg

Oh what could have been....

I didn't expect much to come from a River Rats concept, but I was very pleasantly surprised. It's great. Have you thought about adding skates to his feet?

Also, you should think about putting a watermark on your work. Just so somebody doesn't "borrow" your art. Just a precaution we have learned to do.

Welcome, and thanks for sharing this good work.

While this would never fly in the big leagues, it is PERFECT for the AHL. I think this is fantastic and could be used by the team exactly as you did it and be recieved well at Knickerbocker (pepsi).

I decided to come up with a complaint and the only thing I could think of is that I am not fond of the placement of "Albany" and wonder if there were a way you could put it more prominately somewhere jsut above the wordmark?

But man, this IS a great debut. I'm impressed.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

WTG, what a debut!!!

I live in the Albany area, and let me tell you this...

We fans LOVE the nickname, but most of us are tiring of Rowdie the River Rat. It's about time the ownership change logos...and more important, ditch the Devils unis. Fifty miles north of Albany is the UHL's Adirondack Frostbite, who have a MUCH better logo....

What happened to Barry Melrose's Adirondack Red Wings?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

:welcome:

Real nice introduction here! The logo looks great!

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

Archived