Next NFL uniform change?

Slater

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No one knows what the Giants are doing for certain, but the rumor is that they are removing the blue outline from the numbers on the road unis, changing the road socks from blue back to red, and possibly changing the wordmark as well.

So they're going even more Y.A. Tittle? I'll reserve judgment until I see it. And wasn't there a thread about a month ago which had the new Giants wordmark in it?

starpoint.pngclippers.pngbullsnew.gif

Packers, Raiders and Chiefs are off limits. No black is needed in the Chiefs,

that's adding black for addingblacks sake. This isn't 1996, no more adding black.

And just because it's a drop shadow on theri logo doesn't mean it's fair game to

start throwing into the uni.

Chargers I wouldn't mind seeing going back to the Poweder Blues full time

but I think their current stuff is perfect. Don't change a thing.

I agree with othrs the only real changes that need to happen

is the Bills and Bengals getting back to basics and revising the

terrible uni's they have now.

On second thought, I'd like to see the Titsns do something. Their helmets

has always bothered me. It stands out too much off the two-tone blue jerseys.

The white jersey should get the navy color on the shoulders. And maybe add a hint of

red but not much.

No black is needed in the Chiefs,

that's adding black for addingblacks sake.

the chiefs logo is dominated by black and white, with a little bit of red for the KC. they would be perfectly justified in adding black. conversely, the lions had no right to add black. i see only silver and blue in their pre-21st century logo.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

It's time for the Bills to change to something with a more classic look (maybe even just revive some retro uniforms like the Giants did).

like this?

bufbills.gif

its a concept i did which is basically an updated version of their 1960 unis. imo this would be a good choice.

as for other teams in the leauge, well if the bengals get rid of teh white pannels then tehy will be decent. pakers, bears, and raiders are off limits. the vikings just need to update teh viking head a little. the chargers need to go with the powder blue full time, and the cowboys need to standardize the blue and silver, and then use the modern double stars as the regular unis and use the original double stars as the alt.

IMHO, the three mentioned are fine. The Vikes could use an update, but nothing too drastic...

On the other hand...

-- The Jets could use a modernization. Parcells liked the old look, but frankly its just that - an old look. There's so much that can be done with "Jets" that I'm surprised their retro look is still around.

-- I'm in agreement that the Bills need a head-to-toe overhaul. Ditch the red helmets (added so Joe Ferguson could tell his receivers apart from DB's from the Jets, Colts and Dolphins, all of which wore white helmets as well). Ditch those god-awful unis and start from scratch.

-- The Dolphins could use some tweaking of their logo, though their jerseys are (except for the orange one) fine.

-- The Colts need an overhaul. Keep the blue and white, but add a third color to the mix (black, silver, something).

-- The Steelers should go back to the block numbers. I've said it before, I'll say it again. Otherwise they look great on the field.

-- The Browns need to do something, but to be honest I'm not exactly sure what. Willmorris' look is interesting, but fans of the team would disapprove in droves.

-- The Bengals? Ugh. Next...

-- The Chargers should go back to the powder blues, but that won't happen until they get new ownership.

-- The Redskins look isn't so traditional that it prevented Dan Snyder from introducing a new "one-season" look. Maybe they should consider a permanent update, though not with such a Florida State feel to it.

-- The Panthers should make one change: use their Carolina Blue jerseys instead of their black ones. Other than that the look has stood the test of a decade.

-- The 49ers could make a number of updates, but as long as they don't go back to the "one-day" logo for inspiration, I wouldn't complain much.

-- The Seahawks need to ditch the lime green. Otherwise their new look is stout.

nav-logo.png

Im with JQK stay away from the Packers and Raiders. You don't change those. Theyre both perfect. Browns should never ever put a logo on their helmet. I hate the change the logo or unis because weve had them for too long? Its called tradition.

Id like to see the Bills and Bengals change their ugly ass unis totally. Those are the most in need of a change. Others could use some new duds but those 2 are the worst.

Proud owner of the Utah Pioneers of the Continnental Baseball League.

GBCanada.png

PACKER BACKER FOREVER!

No one knows what the Giants are doing for certain, but the rumor is that they are removing the blue outline from the numbers on the road unis, changing the road socks from blue back to red, and possibly changing the wordmark as well.

Not happy about this at all since I just bought an Eli Manning road jersey prior to last season!

Well, if my Bucs get any worse since their Super Bowl win, I think they should be forced to wear the orange/white until they play like champs again.

As for the Giants, I think they should have blue numbers/red outline on the road unis...maybe with blue pants too.

I think the Chiefs could add black since it is in their logo on their helmet. Just a little black trim around the yellow trim on the numbers. Maybe even a one-time alternate like their fashion jersey. Red helmet, black shirt with red numbers and yellow and white trim, and red pants...but just for one time!

Did anyone tell the Colts that they can feel free to put their blue masks back on their helmets yet? Just wondering.

KISSwall09.jpg

Look what black did for the Lions? Did some one say that?

It made their uniforms look cluttered and awful.

The Packers, Raiders, off limits. There are teams that are just great. How could anyonw want to change the Raiders look? The Packers? Are you nuts?

Read some books, feel the history.

I'm sick of these "change for the sake of change" :censored:s. You're making my violent traditionalist come out again........

I would make one change to the Raiders' home jersey. Either outline the silver numbers in white, or do a white number with a silver trim. I'd also consider a black facemask...but that's it.

My personal candidate for the team that went from a classy look to the crapper: Cincinnati. The older unis had a classic look without being cluttered or overwhelming. The new one looks like it came from a bad LSD trip from the '60's. And keep the freakin' block numbers, fer Chrissakes.

Vikings: The sleeve on the white jersey is way too busy with the Vike head logo AND the stripes, forcing the numbers up onto the shoulder where it just looks too cluttered.

Giants: Relieved to hear they're not touching the red in the road look. I like how it's prominent in the road uni and not so much in the home.

Redskins: That retro uniform featured the TRUE burgundy & gold of the franchise. What they have now is deep cherry red and yellow. They should go back to that, keeping the spear as a secondary mark on the sleeves. The helmet needs to be a hybrid of the current logo (which is one of the most distinctive in sports) and the retro color scheme:

hybrid.gif

natsred.pngredskins.pngmaryland.pngcapitals.png

The best uni worn in the NFL right now. PERIOD. I dont care that is used only ONE time a season, it's the best and we all know it.

r_chargers_i.jpg

Behold the Powdered Blues.

I agree those Powder Blue Uniforms are fantastic- one of the best!

I also do like their current standard jerseys as well, but I like the Powder Blue ones even better.

Redskins: That retro uniform featured the TRUE burgundy & gold of the franchise. What they have now is deep cherry red and yellow. They should go back to that, keeping the spear as a secondary mark on the sleeves. The helmet needs to be a hybrid of the current logo (which is one of the most distinctive in sports) and the retro color scheme:

hybrid.gif

That is one fugly looking helmet, compared to either the current unis or the spear look.

Archived