Next NFL uniform change?

Slater

I don't know, I rather like his updated Redskins helmet. That burgandy is a much better color than what they're wearing now.

I think maybe I'll make a Redskins concept based on that look.

As for other teams, I agree that Cincy took a gargantuan step backwards and when the Chargers wear their throwbacks they look as good as any NFL franchise ever has.

Regarding other teams that are considered "untouchable," the more I think about it the more I'm sad that the Packers cancelled their update at the last minute back in 1994:

1994redesign_revised.gif

It's too late now, but I like this. The only thing I would have done differently is add a single green stripe to the helmet and pants.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Perhaps the Browns ought to change their look?  I say that I can recycle my 'Cuse idea for them and it'd look like this (well, the home jersey at least).

cle.png

:puke::puke::puke: I think I'm going to hurl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, please no! No, no, no, no, no! :puke:

Leave My Browns unis the exact way they are! They are classic!

And, in my opinion, the powder blue Chargers' look is the most overrated uniform in sports! I'm sorry, but powder blue, sky blue, light blue, sissy blue, whatever the color is, isn't meant for football. And that goes for UCLA too!

Now that I have ticked off all of those on the board with my two posts, please don't crucify me!

Bengals: Get rid of the stupid white panel on the black jerseys, and that would improve them quite a bit.

Bills: The O.J. era uniforms look the best.

Browns: They could stand an update. This is not it. Separate-color jersey fronts and backs is a trend that should be stopped before it begins.

Chargers: Baby blue does not inspire fear in opponents. The Fouts-era uniform is their best look.

Packers: Well, I like the metallic gold look. People forget the numerous other looks the Packers had, including navy blue jerseys, gold jerseys (eeeuuuwwww), "dark bluish-green" jerseys, jerseys with gold shoulders (this is football, not hockey), "triangle tracing clavicles and 13 blue and gold vertical stripes from chest to stomach," white helmets, and the green jerseys/green pants combo.

Redskins: See the first two sentences of the Browns item.

Vikings: The Viking concept currently being debated would look ideal by replacing the "lavender" with gold.

Change solely for change's sake is bad, but so is stubbornly keeping things the way they are because, well, that's the way they've always been. Those who are so stuck on the retro look (i.e. black shoes, gray facemasks) should logically advocate for numbers to be taken off uniforms, because that's the way it used to be done too.

(P.S. The Superdome doesn't look like a cave in person, and I don't think it looks like a cave on TV either. Miller Park with the roof closed is another subject.)

Packers-2.png

The Cardinals are about to revamp their look. So what's the next NFL team that's going to redo it's uniform? Aren't teams like the Chiefs, Raiders, and Packers about due?

I would like to see the Packers redo their uniforms just alittle bit. So many years of the same uniform gets kind of boring and it would be nice. At least an alternate uniform will do.

I'm glad the Packers didn't go that route. I don't like the lack of stripes and I'm not sold on teams going from "yellow" gold to actual gold. I think the yellow stands out more. I like the Rams and the Penguins in yellow better. I think the Packers could introduce a set of green pants or have a one-time yellow jersey/green pants alternate away or something. In fact, I think teams could have two alternates. One dark for a home alt (like a Patriots red) and one light for a road alt (like a Patriots silver). The problem with football is, you are matching with helmets and the season is so short.

KISSwall09.jpg

Also, by NFL rules you can't add alternate pants just to wear with the alternate jersey.

As a huge Packers fan, the sleeve stripes look silly. Until the team starts wearing sleeves again, they're goofy.

And don't even get me started on the Forrest Gregg neck stripes from the "glory years" of the 1980s. :cursing:

As for the metallic gold, please remember that this was in the days when only the Saints wore metallic gold, and the 49ers wore that tan "gold." So while now it's commonplace, had they done it then it would have been groundbreaking.

And there's some historical justification for it, metallic gold being Curly Lambeau's intended color for the team in the days when metallic fabrics weren't as common as they are now.

As a huge Packers fan, the sleeve stripes look silly. Until the team starts wearing sleeves again, they're goofy.

Until the LEAGUE starts wearing sleeves, I think the whole approach to jersey design is going to change. There's not much you can do with the limited length and the elasticized cuffs that are designed to tuck under the pads.

natsred.pngredskins.pngmaryland.pngcapitals.png

I agree with Wilson, the Vikings need to change something. There has not been a large amount of change over the years other than sleeve stripes, outlining the numbers, and adding the Viking head to the sleeves. However, I would not like to see a change to something that has been done with teams like Denver and Buffalo.

Maybe back to a classic 60's look for the Vikings? I would like to at least see the grey facemasks and black shoes. Any thoughts on this?

Black shoes would be fine but no gray masks.

Just say NO to gray facemasks.

Also, by NFL rules you can't add alternate pants just to wear with the alternate jersey.

What about the Ravens? They only wore black pants one time and that was for their black jersey.

KISSwall09.jpg

I don't know, I rather like his updated Redskins helmet.  That burgandy is a much better color than what they're wearing now.

I think maybe I'll make a Redskins concept based on that look.

As for other teams, I agree that Cincy took a gargantuan step backwards and when the Chargers wear their throwbacks they look as good as any NFL franchise ever has.

Regarding other teams that are considered "untouchable," the more I think about it the more I'm sad that the Packers cancelled their update at the last minute back in 1994:

1994redesign_revised.gif

It's too late now, but I like this.  The only thing I would have done differently is add a single green stripe to the helmet and pants.

that's actually really, really nice. A great update, while keeping classy. I'm no packer fan, but I think a change like that would be cool. Anyway:

Bills- I actually like their uni's, but they obviousley need to cut down on the blues. I think if they wore something like those edits by epper they would be fine.

Bengals- For them to change after one year is wishfull thinking, I think if they wore something like that fuzzlewigg concept they would be ok.

Howard1.jpg

The best uni worn in the NFL right now. PERIOD. I dont care that is used only ONE time a season, it's the best and we all know it.

That's a very strong opinion, jrodsep, particularly when the assertion is inaccurate. I know alot of people just looooove the alternates, but many of us prefer either what they normally wear or the Fouts-era unis. It's hardly a unanimous vote.

As a very long-time Bolt fan, I can tell you I have bought every kind of merchandise the Chargers have made over the years, but I have never been motiviated enough to shell out one single penny for their powder blue stuff. Not to say I never will, but when it comes to choice, the darker blue wins every time.

It's acceptable once a year, but that's it.

I still like the questions about their powder blues: so many people think they are superior to the current look, but most can't tell you why.

For me, the darker navy looks better, the helmet logo stands out more, no numbers on the helmet, no gray facemasks, and the yellow-gold also doesn't get easily washed-out, like on the powder blues. I would be all for some very minor tweaks involving adding back more yellow, but I wouldn't touch the overall design. And I cringe at the 2-toned navy/powder blue idea...it's just too busy. The Titans and Bills both have the 2-toned blue "thing" goin' on, and that's enough.

Archived