Arizona Cardinals Concept

eddie010

Well, I just had to. I couldn't resist. Without further ado, here's my modernized Cards concept:

az-cardinals-concept.gif

A quick explanation is in order:

• I made the secondary logo myself, it's pretty self-explanatory.
  • Striping order is as follows:
    Home: Black-red-copper, with red sleeves and outer copper piping and black collar with outer copper piping.
    Road: Red-black-copper, with black sleeves and outer copper piping and red collar with outer copper piping.
  • I added copper to the mix, but kept it solely as an accent colour. The reason copper is present is because: (1) red and black is too overused and boring alone; and (2) yellow with red and black is too Redskins-ish.
  • I thought a modern-ish jersey design would do the trick, but I wasn't sure if it would have worked for the pants, so I gave them the helmet's striping.
  • I tried my hardest to steer clear of white on the home uni, but it might not have worked with the numbers...
  • Speaking of numbers, the ones used here are those of the Tennessee Titans.
  • A super-duper special thanks to PANTONE for helping me out with, what else?, the colours. B)

Yikes. That was longer than I thought. Well, incase you didn't want to read my gibberish, just C&C-it up!

NHLPlayoffSigOTT.gif

I think the black name/numbers on the red jersey would be hard to see on TV.  With that said, that's my only real change.

I really like the alternate A.

I agree, maybe , maybe make the numbers gold w/ black outline or darken the gold outline.

Also, I really like the helmet and the secondary logo.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

The black on red/copper scheme is difficult to read, it definitely needs a thick white outline to stand out. That whole home uniform needs some more white or yellow to break things up, they look like vertical mud puddles :P I'd even make lighter pants...If the Cards wore that set at home, they would fry in the hot sun.

The "A" logo under the collar is too big, it almost looks like a college uniform that way.

I'm pretty sure the bib-style striping under the numbers is illegal. BYU tried it in the NCAA, but had to ditch them after one season.

The numbers scream "Titans". Or the University of Arizona. Which makes them seem out of place on the Cardinals uniforms.

Overall, everything is clean and consistent, but it needs to be brightened up for legibility.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I'm pretty sure the bib-style striping under the numbers is illegal. BYU tried it in the NCAA, but had to ditch them after one season.

I figure they'd be okayed cus unlike BYU's bibs, you can easily tell which is the home and which is the road. sort of like the Stars' jerseys.

I like the flag A and also the transition between each jersey and the pants that go with them. for the home, though, can a brother get some white up in here? :P

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

wow eddie! these are about 90% perfect.

the only thing i would change is, like everyone else, make the name and #s on the home jersey white. why did you try and steer away from it so much?

otherwise, fantastic job, i really like the unique wraparound striping.

the stripes ont he pants dont seem to go anywhere. they just seem to start and stop. honestly, they arent necessary if you ask me. you have a thoroughly clean and modern concept without them.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Wow, guys. I'm really humbled by all these great comments. Seriously. I didn't think is was that decent. :blush:

I made a few changes:

az-cardinals-concept-rev01.gif

• First, obviously, I made the home numbers white. Should have beforehand, but I'm a firm believer that white doesn't belong on dark uniforms, unless it's absolutely necessary.
  • Second, I took tempest's advice and ditched the pant stripes. I find they look better without them, so thanks for the tip, temp! With that, I moved the 'A' logo to the front of the pants, hope I pulled that off nicely.

Again, thanks for the amazing compliments, guys! I appreciate them, and I hope I can get some more comments to perfect this concept! B)

NHLPlayoffSigOTT.gif

Second, I took tempest's advice and ditched the pant stripes. I find they look better without them, so thanks for the tip, temp! With that, I moved the 'A' logo to the front of the pants, hope I pulled that off nicely.

i think the stripe-less pants look great, but i think they'd look better with your secondary (which is GREAT) back on the side of the hip

the helmet doesn't do it for me...too much red, especially with the aways...how about a white helmet with a black cage and red center stripe flanked by black stripes??? maybe like this:

cards9fb.png

to me this would break up the red and gives it more balance

otherwise, this is an OUTSTANDING concept, and i love the "bib" effect on the jerseys

jldesigns404eo.png

Like the number change to white, but I think there is still too much black. But def. improved.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

Wow, guys. I'm really humbled by all these great comments. Seriously. I didn't think is was that decent. :blush:

I made a few changes:

az-cardinals-concept-rev01.gif

• First, obviously, I made the home numbers white. Should have beforehand, but I'm a firm believer that white doesn't belong on dark uniforms, unless it's absolutely necessary.
  • Second, I took tempest's advice and ditched the pant stripes. I find they look better without them, so thanks for the tip, temp! With that, I moved the 'A' logo to the front of the pants, hope I pulled that off nicely.

Again, thanks for the amazing compliments, guys! I appreciate them, and I hope I can get some more comments to perfect this concept! B)

I like the white numbers, but I think that it think you could try either a copper outline with a black pinline or a black outline with a copper pinline around the numbers.

Archived