Horrible NHL logos

JBPerry

:wacko: The NHL has some of the worst team logos. The minor leagues have even better logos. That's what you call plain scary.

DAL_73.gif

This is horrible, just plain horrible, a mooterus.

stars.jpg

dallasmavericks.gif

style1,JBPerry.png

<embed src="http://www.clocklink.com/clocks/5005-Blue.swf?TimeZone=CST&TimeFormat=hhmmssTT" width="180" height="60" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">

joshuabperry@sbcglobal.net

My Webpage

:wacko: The NHL has some of the worst team logos. The minor leagues have even better logos. That's what you call plain scary.

Horrible Dallas Stars Logo

You mean this one?

DAL_72.gif

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Im pretty sure hes refering to the Mooterus logo.

seen here!

http://www.sportslogos.net/logo.php?l_id=1&t_id=10&logo=73

Oh come on, it's still unique but I guess I'll respect your opinion. <_<

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

I'll agree that there are some pretty bad NHL logos, but the same applies to most sports universally. The Boston Bruins and Canadiens are two that I have no liking for, but with the sport as traditional as it is, change for some of the more recognized teams is a tad difficult.

HibsSignature.gif

Thanks go to Eddie010 for the Signature and Avatar. Nice work, mate!

I'll agree that there are some pretty bad NHL logos, but the same applies to most sports universally. The Boston Bruins and Canadiens are two that I have no liking for, but with the sport as traditional as it is, change for some of the more recognized teams is a tad difficult.

You can't call the Bruins and Canadiens logo "bad" without calling the Packers, Yankees, Red Sox, etc. logos "bad".

Not saying they're necessarily bad... but they're all from a similar period of design, and the same period has affected each league evenly.

I don't think any single pro league definitely outrates another in turns of design. Every league has a team that struggles from poor design (the Bobcats, Mooterus, Bills, Pirates... no offense if you like their stuff). They all have their own teams with classic looks, and looks that may one day be considered classic.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

The Stars alternate logo looks like a diagram of the female reproductive system.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

I'll agree that there are some pretty bad NHL logos, but the same applies to most sports universally.  The Boston Bruins and Canadiens are two that I have no liking for, but with the sport as traditional as it is, change for some of the more recognized teams is a tad difficult.

You can't call the Bruins and Canadiens logo "bad" without calling the Packers, Yankees, Red Sox, etc. logos "bad".

Ok.

The Bruins, Canadiens, Packers, Yankees, Red Sox, and that team that's named Etc have bad logos.

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

I'll agree that there are some pretty bad NHL logos, but the same applies to most sports universally.  The Boston Bruins and Canadiens are two that I have no liking for, but with the sport as traditional as it is, change for some of the more recognized teams is a tad difficult.

Ok.

The Bruins, Canadiens, Packers, Yankees, Red Sox, and that team that's named Etc have bad logos.

OK, so their logo is a little bland

ETC.JPG

But they kicked ass last year! They swept i.e. and e.g., and even beat p.s. in overtime

OK, so their logo is a little bland

ETC.JPG

But they kicked ass last year! They swept i.e. and e.g., and even beat p.s. in overtime

They lost to et. al. when it really mattered, though...

Well yeah, but losing to et. al. is no disgrace.

Those guys had hyphens and exclamation points to spare even with all their starting commas on injured reserve. I don't know how they do it in this age of the salary cap. Maybe the league will change some rules next year to even things out.

Well yeah, but losing to et. al. is no disgrace.

Those guys had hyphens and exclamation points to spare even with all their starting commas on injured reserve. I don't know how they do it in this age of the salary cap. Maybe the league will change some rules next year to even things out.

Well grammar and punctuation change with the times--especially when we need to generate more offense...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

That's what I said in the post. All leagues have some bad logos and I don't think the NHL is different. I DO consider the Packers, Yankees, and Red Sox having bad logos. Well, maybe not bad, but not the best. And that's no slight towards the team, just their image.

HibsSignature.gif

Thanks go to Eddie010 for the Signature and Avatar. Nice work, mate!

Not saying they're necessarily bad... but they're all from a similar period of design, and the same period has affected each league evenly.

I don't think any single pro league definitely outrates another in turns of design. Every league has a team that struggles from poor design (the Bobcats, Mooterus, Bills, Pirates... no offense if you like their stuff). They all have their own teams with classic looks, and looks that may one day be considered classic.

oh i disagree,

you can call the canadiens logo good and still call the packers logo bad. i personally believe all those mentioned should be modernized or changed. no sense in having the same yankees logo since the civil war.

Magus.png

General Magus Zeal

Leader of the Mystics of Medina.

The forums most hated member ever.

Archived