The Dolphins have an issue

josh1068

The new NFL schedule is out today, and the Dolphins have no prime time games. Which means....if they want to wear orange at home for one game this year, it will have to be during the day. Which means.... the Dolphins will have to wear dark at home during a Sunday day game for the first time in over 40 years.

Or maybe abandon the alternate jerseys altogether. The orange shirts have absolutely no appeal.

Get it? Orange...a "peel.?"

Yuck. I know.

PANTONE did mention there was going to be a change in the striping pattern on the sleeves of the orange jersey (at least I think it was PANTONE). I gotta believe they're going to use them.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Well 4-12 teams dont get primetime games.

the cowboys have been 5-11 for what 5 strait years now, and they seem to make it to monday night prime mainly against the redskins,which in my opinion is a non existant rivalry.

Magus.png

General Magus Zeal

Leader of the Mystics of Medina.

The forums most hated member ever.

the cowboys suck. that whole america's team thing in the 90s was such plope. 2 years ago they were in the playoffs so they did have one good year in there but they should not be on monday night football this year what-so-ever. They also need to standardize their blue but i don't see that happening anytime soon.

The cowboys are marketable, plain and simple. Thats why they are on in primetime spots. Also, it's hard to make a case for San Diego(or a lot or resently improved teams for that matter) because they can be good one year and bad the next, and good the next year, etc. But the Cowboys have continued to be marketable year after year.

The Dolphins have worn aqua for day regular-season home games in the mid-70s. Some NFL Films footage from around the '73 and '74 seasons back this up (if you ever get a peek at the Super Bowl I-X DVD set, check the season highlight films for the Super Bowls VII and VIII DVD). And I'm not sure, but I believe they were strictly aqua at home for their first few years of existence.

But I understand your general point and it will be interesting to see what becomes of the orange alternate.

PANTONE did mention there was going to be a change in the striping pattern on the sleeves of the orange jersey (at least I think it was PANTONE). I gotta believe they're going to use them.

Yep. It was me. The striping pattern is going from:

Navy Blue-White-Aqua-Coral-Aqua-White-Navy Blue

2003-2004_MiamiDolphins_3rd.gif

...to:

Navy Blue-White-Coral-Aqua-Coral-White-Navy Blue

2005-9999_MiamiDolphins_3rd.gif

Or maybe abandon the alternate jerseys altogether. The orange shirts have absolutely no appeal.

Yuck. I know.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

I saw, I came, I left.

They do play Cleveland at Cleveland, so they can wear their alternate there. If Cleveland doesn't wear theirs that week

Perhaps.

I have a sneaking suspicion that they will wear the orange against the Patriots. If not at home in November, then on the road in Week 17 in Foxboro, and the Pats will wear the grays/silvers.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

the cowboys suck. that whole america's team thing in the 90s was such plope. They also need to standardize their blue but i don't see that happening anytime soon.

Must be a young-un. That slogan started in the 70s (not that I argue with the rest of your points).

It's where I sit.

In the early 80s the Dolphins often wore dark jerseys at home. In the 1982 "Kellen Winslow" divisional playoff OT loss versus the Chargers, they are wearing their dark jerseys.

I don't know if they rotated between white and dark during those years, or if they went back to white permanently sometime in the 80s and haven't gone back.

First time poster, long time reader...

It SUCKS that the Fins don't have any MNF games...do they have any national games at all? Living in LA now, I guess I'll have to get the NFL package.

Kinda sucks, since they had a pretty good rivalry going with the Pats, that 12-0 snow game from 2 seasons ago, and the MNF comeback game last season...

As for the oranges, I actually like them. I'm a Cane, so it kinda fits Miami well. I do hate the navy accent though, they should get rid of it altogether.

Guess I'll just have to root harder for the Heat...they've been getting plenty of national air time this season. Thanks god!

The new NFL schedule is out today, and the Dolphins have no prime time games. Which means....if they want to wear orange at home for one game this year, it will have to be during the day. Which means.... the Dolphins will have to wear dark at home during a Sunday day game for the first time in over 40 years.

Yuck. I know.

how about they wear their orange against Atlanta?

Archived