Tampa Bay Devil Rays

amare32

Old road jersey:

pMLB1-1316716reg.jpg

New road jersey:

pMLB2-1827005dt.jpg

Can someone give me a rundown on the changes between these two jerseys and when they were implemented? To me it looks like (i) the wordmark is different; (ii) the piping color is changed; and (iii) the buttons are different colors.

I'm thinking about buying the first one -- I can get it on the cheap. But I can't tell from the picture how close these are. If I were to get it customized, would the specs for the current jersey be the same as they were w/ the old one?

The "M" and "P" on "TAMPA" are now combined to look like one character, and the piping color now seems to be dark green/ white/ dark green instead of light green/ white/ light green. I don't think that it will make that big of a difference.

I really don't think it's much of an upgrade from the current one. Then again, it's the D-rays, not the easiest of uniforms work with. IMO they could use a complete overhaul, like a new nickname to begin wtih.

6uXNWAo.png

Looks like the old one has a shadow effect too.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Old road jersey:

pMLB1-1316716reg.jpg

New road jersey:

pMLB2-1827005dt.jpg

Can someone give me a rundown on the changes between these two jerseys and when they were implemented? To me it looks like (i) the wordmark is different; (ii) the piping color is changed; and (iii) the buttons are different colors.

I'm thinking about buying the first one -- I can get it on the cheap. But I can't tell from the picture how close these are. If I were to get it customized, would the specs for the current jersey be the same as they were w/ the old one?

I never noticed the M&P were fused together

on the new ones

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

IMO they could use a complete overhaul, like a new nickname to begin wtih.

I don't mind the name so much, but I agree- a complete overhaul would be good. That identity has been a mess since it's inception.

In addition to the "MP" fusion, the "T" and "B" are taller than the other letters in the '05 addition; in the old one, all the letters were the same height.

And all D-Rays jerseys should be available "on the cheap" just on principle. :P

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I like the new one, especially when they wear it with the green caps. It looks cleaner w/o the shadow, although I saw one of the old versions in person and liked it a lot. The gray is actually the green-gray like the old Marlins -- don't know if that's still the case.

I like more blue... it's just too bad you can hardly tell. I thought the piping always had a blue stripe, too, since the number outline is blue, but that pic doesn't seem that way. As far as the D-Rays go, less black and more blue and green is a good move in my book.

(Oh, and they did wear a sleeveless version of the road -- didn't realize they had one, either.)

They are also wearing a road vest this year, with a green undershirt.  They wore it this past week I believe in the first game of the Blue Jays series.

r3162109485.jpg

So far I've only seen the alternate cap logo used on the Tampa Bay Devil Rays Media Center website and the Tampa Bay Devil Rays 2005 Authentic Collection Premiere Jacket. However, the logo on the jacket is different than the logo used on the website (note the absence of a green outline around the white TB).

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

In addition to the "MP" fusion, the "T" and "B" are taller than the other letters in the '05 addition; in the old one, all the letters were the same height.

And all D-Rays jerseys should be available "on the cheap" just on principle.  :P

I was in the mariners Team Store last night, and they were selling the 1998-2000(?) Tampa Bay Devil Rays Caps, for about 13 bucks. It was so goofy looking i bought it. :P

(They were almost the "Tampa Bay Mariners" back in the early 90's)

Purple went out with the gradient rainbow lettering. So technically, every color known to man went out, save dark green and blue! ^_^

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived