Washington Internationals

Looking at the National's roster, you see players from countries around the world, so I thought it would be an intresting concept to rename them the Internationals. The colors used were the same ones the Expos used. I'm still not a 100% on any of the jerseys, but I seem to like the logo a bit. Comments?

natslogo.gif

Home

Nathome.gif

Road

Nataway.gif

Batting Practice

Nathalt.gif

rrhgsig.gif

Not bad, but wow "Internationals" is a long name. As a writer or a fan I would be calling them the "I-Nats". WIth a name that long you might be forced to use the logo on the home jersey, although it would then resemble the Cubs.

I do like the logo but to seperate the W a bit I would but an additional blue outline around it so the lines of the globe don't run directly into it.

I like the crispness of the white jersey, I'm so-so on the gray jersey and think the logo looks pretty good too.

As for the name, I like the concept, but don't hink the nation's capitol city would go for it, all current politics aside. Besides, I think the name sounds a bit too much like an airport. Laguardia, Washington International, LAX.

Nice jersey designs though.

I dig this. I can't exactly explain why, but I dig this. The only gripes I have with it are that the 'W' in the logo seems to get a bit lost in the globe and maybe needs a (thin) white stroke, and that it's not common practice to have the MLB logo as a sleeve patch. Of course, with the team being owned by the league and all, it's kind of appropriate.

Good stuff.

Wow, you beat me on the U.N.C.L.E. thing - that's what I thought, too!

I don't think we need to change the name of the team to honor the Expos - do the Rangers or Twins have such an homage to the Senators? Do the Orioles have one for the Brewers, or the Yankees for the Orioles?

I don't think we need to change the name of the team to honor the Expos - do the Rangers or Twins have such an homage to the Senators? Do the Orioles have one for the Brewers, or the Yankees for the Orioles?

The name change isn't an homage to the Expos, the colors and uniforms are.

Speaking of the uniforms, I'm still not fully set on them. I've made others but they end up looking too much like former Yakult uniforms.

rrhgsig.gif

Remember, "The Internationale" is the theme song for communism. That would go over really well.

So, anytime someone uses the word "international" they are paying homage to communism??? I don't think you'd have too many people making THAT connection.

Archived