Kansas City Royals changes for 2006

Royals Insider

I was listening to a sports talk show this morning in Kansas City and the host mentioned that the Royals will be dropping all the black from their color scheme for next year?  Has anyone else heard this?

HALLELUJAH!

Agreed!

untitled-6.jpg

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If they're gonna add another color, it better not be teal... eeeww (this is me assuming that teal is the same teal as either the m's or the marlins.... which would both look awful) I'd put my vote for some sort of light purple... the word periwinkle comes to mind... but any shade of indigo or whatever would be nice... you guys think this stuff up, i just throw it out there.

Nice concepts guys- Bring back the Sky/Powder Blue unis!!! I hate the Black and there aren't many who do like it here in KC - Royals fans love the Royal Blue or Powder Blue.

Now if we can get a team to put into those unis - Our management needs to take a page out of Minnesota or Milwaukee's book of how to run a small market team.

Time for Mr. Glass to fork out the $$$ or sell the team to George Brett and his group.

SOB owns Wal-Mart and won't put money up front to help his team - JERK!

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Yay! My boycott of black merchandise has finally paid off!

If this is true, I hope they go to that old "Kansas City" script TwoRs used. Heck, I would just be happy if someone made a replica of the old 1969 road uniform. The current roadies are the worst of the set. They're so dank. Nothing pops on them.

It seems to me that the Royals fans on the board are hoping for a return of powder blue, while everyone else pines for gold. I'm leaning with my brethren here, because powder blue would be unique and traditional at the same time.

For a color scheme could somebody someone mock this idea up. Use Royal Blue and white as primary colors with silver grey and navy blue as secondary. Utilize the grey and navy as true shadow shades-grey on white, navy on a powder blue road uni.

RobbyBox2.jpg

The black on the Royals jerseys seems out of place. Perhaps returning to the powder blue schemes might make them winners again!

In all seriousness, the two concepts that have been posted in this thread are excellent. Although I am curious about one thing: what is the name of the script that was used in these designs?

what is the name of the script that was used in these designs?

The "Kansas City" Script with tail that I posted actually comes from a script logo on The Big Site (which I'm now going to use to refer to Chris' site) where I just took out the "Royals" part and moved the link to the rest of the tail over.

Every Fifth Day is a

HappyFelixDay.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Archived