Least deserving MVP's?

Slater

No, but if any other kicker should have ever gotten consideration it would have to be Vanderjagt in 2003 when he didn't miss a FG or PAT all year. :flagcanada:

#CHOMPCHOMPCHOMP

I remember the Magic Johnson MVP and how much I thought Jordan deserved it.

But Mark Mosely HAS to be the worst choice ever.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

As for Nash winning it (which he didn't deserve to), I loved Shaq's recation when he was by the press that he had come in second to Nash. In another classic Shaq moment, (jokingly) he started to sob all over a reporters sleve going "Nooo!!" and "Why?!?". :notworthy:

6uXNWAo.png

As for Nash winning it (which he didn't deserve to), I loved Shaq's recation when he was by the press that he had come in second to Nash. In another classic Shaq moment, (jokingly) he started to sob all over a reporters sleve going "Nooo!!" and "Why?!?". :notworthy:

Plus I loved Shaq's shout-out to the Canadian citizens :flagcanada: .

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

But Mark Mosely HAS to be the worst choice ever.

Please.

Moseley got the MVP because he kicked the gamewinning field goal in overtime against the Giants in crap conditions on a crappy playing field and with that same kick he set the NFL record for consecutive field goals.

This Kevin Hench tool has his head up his ass and doesn't seem to understand that the MVP award is meant for the MVP to a team, thus Kirk Gibson's selection.

Well the Dodgers had a MVP that year his name was Orel Hershiser, no way no how should Gibson had been MVP, his post season herocis do not matter here, the vote is done beofre teh playoffs. Strawbery shoudl have won it taht year in a landslide.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

For me it's Steve Nash. I will always remember this year just because of it. Talking about a crappy year where nobody stepped up.

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

While i won't say he's the least deserving ever... Steve Nash is the one I can think of, at the moment.

He's a complete defensive liability (and even that is an understatement) and he puts up numbers in a system where he can't help but put up numbers and a system in which a lot of starting PG's in the league could put up similar numbers.

IUe6Hvh.png

While i won't say he's the least deserving ever... Steve Nash is the one I can think of, at the moment.

He's a complete defensive liability (and even that is an understatement) and he puts up numbers in a system where he can't help but put up numbers and a system in which a lot of starting PG's in the league could put up similar numbers.

*Sigh*

It isn't just about the numbers a player puts up, in fact that's one of the dumbest reasons to vote someone the MVP.

Nash won the MVP because he took a team that was 29-53 last season, and not only took them to a 62-20 record, but also got them the best record in the league.

I'm a firm believer that the MVP should be the most valuable player to his team. That said, Andre Dawson in 1987. The Cubs could've finished where they did without him.

While he was not MVP, why not Tom Seaver for '72 Cy Young? 2nd in strikeouts, 2nd in wins, a sub 3.00 ERA, while doing it for a Mets team that did NOT finish horribly in the basement.

LvZYtbZ.png

Of course Shaq deserved the MVP. Look at last year, where would the Heat be without him?

The Heat moved from 4th in the East to 1st.

The Suns moved from 27th in the NBA to 1st.

<_<

Worst choice in recent memory was 2003, A-Rod.

A sports writer in Chicago gave no votes to runner-up Carlos Delgado, it was widely known that he disliked the city of Toronto.

His reason "I don't vote for an MVP on a 3rd place team".

His 1st place vote went to A-Rod, who was on the last place Rangers.

Brilliams!

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

I agree with the article on the Gretzky one that was Lemieux award... but whats with the Nash hating... phoenix rose from the ashes literally... 27th to first and the guy gets no love... jeesh

GDB... Brothers from other Mothers

www.pifflespodcast.com

Archived