PHANTOMS WIN THE CUP

Dilbert

The Philadelphia Phantoms have just completed the sweep of the Chicago Wolves winning tonight 5-2. This is the Phantoms second Calder Cup Championship and the first Cup won by a team that did not join from the IHL since the IHL merger.

Signature intentionally left blank

Didn't their Trenton affiliate win their league title too this year?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Didn't their Trenton affiliate win their league title too this year?

Yep. Defeated Florida. If only there was an NHL season and the Flyers were winners. Eh 2 out of 3 aint bad.

Signature intentionally left blank

I've heard the game will be aired on tape delay in Canada in a day or two (?). Are there any Canadians who would be willing to record it and send me a copy? I was at the game, but Comcast SportsNet Philly was only going to televise games 5, 6, and 7 if needed.

See, you should have asked about this in advance. Comcast here in Chicago televises all of the Wolves games, and I would have gladly taped the series, 'cause I'm all about spreading the hockey love.

And now, back to the wine coolers.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

The fact that they didn't show Game 4 here or at least make an effort to was very plopty. I was hoping they would lose so that I could see Game 5 on TV.

That being said, the Phantoms are now the fourth Philadelphia team in five years to win a minor league championship -- The Wings in 2001 (National Lax League), The KiXX in 2002 (Major Indoor Soccer League), the Barrage in 2004 (Major League Lax), and the Phantoms in 2005 (AHL).

I find that a little ironic. But all the same, PURPLE REIGN, yo. :notworthy:

philly.png

Archived