Detroit Tigers Logo Concept

MonkeyWrench32

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
im kinda new here. i lurk alot, but what does watermark mean? can some one explain this to me?

It means when people put their user name or 'company name' at about 90% transparency so that if anyone tries to steal it, their name will still be on top of the picture.

Sometimes people put their name on it so prominently that you can't even see the concept well. Everyone's said he's done a great job of hiding his.. well he must have, because I don't see it either!

366678430_f28e9d99de_o.jpg

i see the watermark, and it is a good job.

The concept is great too. It brings a traditional Detroit look back to life.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, that's a great update of a great logo. That old tiger was the only logo I could never draw correctly when I was growing up, and it frustrated the hell out of me. This one is great looking and not impossible to draw freehand.

And for those who couldn't see it, the watermark is a very, very pale/transparent version of the monkey head from his siganture. Look in the white spaces inside the ring where there is space between the ring and the tiger's head. It's there.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Sweetness.

That should be the primary with the "D/Tiger" logo as the secondary/sleevepatch/whatever/etc. That would be a nice package.

They don't use the Tiger D anymore. It's such a process to change logos that they didn't make the change in time, so everything still lists the D is the primary logo. It should be changed next season, but right now the team does not use it on any merchandise. They even told Fox Sports Net to lose it on their broadcasts.

There is another logo with a Tiger coming out from behind a T, which might be an official logo or just something for merchandise. But they may just be sticking with the old english D.

SIG.png

Much better - great job. Detroit should adopt your work and pay you; mucho $$$ for your work. :notworthy:

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

• 1 month later...
See the watermark kids?

No? Look again... it's there! That's how you watermark! The work is protected, but the image is as clear as you'd ever need.

Wow. I didn't.

Very nice logo.

edit: I also did not see how old this was. Sorry.

Archived