Is anyone else sick and tired

CaolinaJoe

Well, I'm sick and tired of people saying they are sick and tired of the Red Sox and Yankees being on every other night. If Brewers or Royals pull off ratings like the Yankees or Red Sox then they would seen on ESPN and/or FOX every week. Until then, you will see the Yankees an Red Sox every other night.

I saw, I came, I left.

I'm fairly certain that the Red Sox will be on again tonight against the Reds, as it is Carlton Fisk foulPole Dedication night and the reds first trip to fenway since game 7 of the 75 world series.

iceohio.jpgvultshelmet.png

crossout3.png

I'm fairly certain that the Red Sox will be on again tonight against the Reds, as it is Carlton Fisk foulPole Dedication night and the reds first trip to fenway since game 7 of the 75 world series.

Actually, tonight's ESPN telecast is from the Ballpark in Arlington.

of MLB shoving the Red Sox down our throats?

You can't blame Fox or ESPN when it's the schedule makers. Don't get me wrong, I like the Sox and have since I was a little kid. But enough is enough already!

We're making up for the 86 years we lost. Besides, it's better than basketball news.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

of MLB shoving the Red Sox down our throats?

You can't blame Fox or ESPN when it's the schedule makers.  Don't get me wrong, I like the Sox and have since I was a little kid.  But enough is enough already!

We're making up for the 86 years we lost. Besides, it's better than basketball news.

I can't argue or even begin to argue that. Could there be any less compelling matchup?

semperfi.gif

"It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the

press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of

speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us

the freedom to demonstrate. And it is the soldier who salutes the

flag, serves beneath the flag, whose coffin is draped by the flag, and

who allows the protester to burn the flag."

Marine Chaplain Dennis Edward O' Brien

It's annoying though. A while back I was watching Nats @ Dodgers on ESPN, two NL teams, one of which is new and doing pretty good for itself (GO Nats!) and all the announcers were talking baout were the farking yankees... How 'bout the Braves or Marlins or another NL team?

And thanks to Peter Angelos' ingenious marketing plan, both Nats Home & Road games are blacked out here in Richmond, VA

It's annoying though. A while back I was watching Nats @ Dodgers on ESPN, two NL teams, one of which is new and doing pretty good for itself (GO Nats!) and all the announcers were talking baout were the farking yankees... How 'bout the Braves or Marlins or another NL team?

And thanks to Peter Angelos' ingenious marketing plan, both Nats Home & Road games are blacked out here in Richmond, VA

Hell, I can't get either of them in Charlotte(on MLB Extra). 460 miles away, I guess they feel it's just a short ride so I should be at the stadium.

semperfi.gif

"It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the

press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of

speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us

the freedom to demonstrate. And it is the soldier who salutes the

flag, serves beneath the flag, whose coffin is draped by the flag, and

who allows the protester to burn the flag."

Marine Chaplain Dennis Edward O' Brien

I just wanted to note that I am both sick and tired.

I became very confused once I started reading all this Red Sox and Yankees stuff on this thread. Maybe it's because of being sick and tired.

Moose

You got to be Kidding me. They lost the Series. The Fisk homerun were like the Yankees back to back game tying homeruns in 2001. If the team wins the World Series then it is one of the all time classic moments, but they didn't. When it comes World Series time I constantly see the Fisk home run but never see those 2 home runs. To be honest with you (and I was at one of the Yankee ones), niether should be played because both of those teams lost that series.

We're making up for the 86 years we lost.

Yea because the Red Sox were just this sucky team that never won anything at all. :rolleyes: The Red Sox were a top team before they just couldn't get over the hump. And they were on ESPN or any other national tv before they won the World Series. So what are you trying to make up for?

You got to be Kidding me. They lost the Series. The Fisk homerun were like the Yankees back to back game tying homeruns in 2001. If the team wins the World Series then it is one of the all time classic moments, but they didn't.

Well, all I can tell you about the 78 Yankees is that Bucky Dent's homerun gave the Yankees the Division title over the Red Sox. Did the Yankees win the World Series that year, or was it the Dodgers?

What about Boone's homerun in 2003? Florida won the World Series, but that doesn't mean we were all hidden from the TV footage of that one.

Fisk's homerun in the 75 Series was voted as one of baseball's greatest moments. No one can deny that.

Do I think the Red Sox need to dedicate a foul pole to Fisk? Nope?overkill. The Pesky Pole in right field was given that name from other players and fans during the 1950's and 60's. It wasn't a media-driven nickname, like Fisk's pole is. His number's retired. Unless they're building some statue to him, it's shamelessly unnecessary.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Yes big time ESPN needs to get back to covering evrytema and not just the hot team they are really getting bad at this.

I.E. Red Wings and Avalanche since 1996, with a hint of Stars and Devils thrown in. :cursing:

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

Well, all I can tell you about the 78 Yankees is that Bucky Dent's homerun gave the Yankees the Division title over the Red Sox. Did the Yankees win the World Series that year, or was it the Dodgers?

Yankees won the 1978 World Series. Interesting thing I found out, in a 40 year span, from 1923-1962 the Yankees won half of the World Series titles, 20. They have "only" won 6 since.

I saw, I came, I left.

Yes big time ESPN needs to get back to covering evrytema and not just the hot team they are really getting bad at this.

So the Rockies, Royals, and D-Rays should have as many nationally televised games as any other teams and should get talked about as much on Baseball Tonight as the rest?

IUe6Hvh.png

So the Rockies, Royals, and D-Rays should have as many nationally televised games as any other teams and should get talked about as much on Baseball Tonight as the rest?

I'm not a big baseball fan really. I hereby state that I would really be pissed if they started airing Rox games on any national station, other than FSN-RM of course, just can't get rid of that, unfortunately.

I would like to see more Mariners games though, even though they aren't that good, they are still my favorite team and I still want to watch them.

I tell you what I am sick of... the fact that ESPN Baseball Tonight ALWAYS makes a thing out of the Yankees. I don't need a nightly analysis of the Yanks problems and whether or not the Boss will start firing people. I don't need to hear about how they are going to turn it around every time they win a game.

Please treat them like you would any other team hovering around .500.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived