Worst Dressed World Series

tater

The 2005 series was a classic for uni lovers, but what's everybody's vote for the worst looking series, uni wise.

You mean 2004? Unless you have a really cool time machine and you can predict what teams will be in the 2005 World Series. :therock:

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

The 2005 series was a classic for uni lovers, but what's everybody's vote for the worst looking series, uni wise.

You mean 2004? Unless you have a really cool time machine and you can predict what teams will be in the 2005 World Series. :therock:

Astros red versus Blue Jays black :D

I saw, I came, I left.

1972 A's vs. Reds was a meeting of two teams from the opposite ends of the spectrum -- A's (bright green, yellow, white shoes and, on the manager and coaches, white hats; see HERE) vs. Reds (dull unis, low-cut stirrups and black shoes with no stripes at all; see HERE).

Game seven of the '79 Series featured the Pirates' gold jerseys and black pants (see HERE) vs. the Orioles' bright orange jerseys (see HERE). From "The Outer Limits": "There is no need to adjust your television set ... do not attempt to adjust the picture ..."

Packers-2.png

Dunno if it's the worst, but the '79 Pirates vs. Orioles still causes retinal problems for those of us who saw it. :D

I thought of this one too. Orange, yellow, etc.

The Pirates were really having identity problems back then.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Dunno if it's the worst, but the '79 Pirates vs. Orioles still causes retinal problems for those of us who saw it.  :D

I thought of this one too. Orange, yellow, etc.

The Pirates were really having identity problems back then.

Yeah.. but at least they were winning.

366678430_f28e9d99de_o.jpg

Dunno if it's the worst, but the '79 Pirates vs. Orioles still causes retinal problems for those of us who saw it. :D

As much as I love those "Battlin' Buccaneers from the City of Steel", I've got to agree: no year could top '79 for ugly-ass uni's. Even Baltimore's roads were garish.

nav-logo.png

1979 in a runaway.

No one mentioned it, but 1983 merits consideration. The Phillies in their powder blue, zipper-front "pajama" uniforms and maroon hats against the Sansabelt glory of the same Orioles uniforms that are being lambasted from the '79 series (although I thought their three-tone hats - black back, white front, orange brim) were outstanding.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

There were definitely some teams that looked great in light blue -- the Royals, the Blue Jays, the Brewers to name three.

And I agree about 1979. The Pirates by themselves would make this a winner (or should I say loser?) They looked awful.

But, on the other hand, thinking of those unis does remind you of Willie Stargell, God rest his soul.

vs. the Orioles' bright orange jerseys

i might be the only one but i like those jerseys.

and slightly off topic didnt the white sox wear shorts one year in the late 70's or 80's? or maybe its a urban myth....

Archived