Sidney Crosby

youcan'tseeme

Don't count out Columbus; imagine the line of Nash on the left, Crosby at centre and Zherdev on the right! They would tear up the NHL in a few years.

Who the hell is Nikolai Zherdev?!? :P

You wanna see a real line? A scary-as-hell line? How 'bout this:

Sidney Crosby - Dany Heatley - Ilya Kovalchuk

That, I tell ya, would make any goaltender crap his pants for many, many years.

That being said, I would love to see him in a Kings uni. He attended the team's rookie camp as an invitee in the fall and I think LA could make a star outta him, all real nice-like. However, I bet you any amount of money that a team with just one ball in the hopper wins the lottery. So what if your odds are 1-in-16 or 1-in 24? Those odds still suck, and I wouldn't be surprised to see one team's ball pop out.

Wagner Athletic Group

11-2 Saskatoon Steeds (WAFL)-NFL-2014 Western Conference Champions / 8-5 Calgary Pronghorns (TNFF)-CFL-2014 Confederation Cup XI Champions

14-6-2 Saskatoon Yellowheads (XHL)-NHL-1st, Gretzky Conference / 5-4-0 Saskatoon Czars (MLH)-AHL-T2nd, Calder Conference

7-1-6 VfL Dortmund (Weltliga)-Bundesliga-3rd, League / 5-1-5 West End AFC (WFL)-EPL-T5th, League

14-7 Saskatoon Sheiks (AA)-MLB-2014 Founder's Cup Champions

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pittsburgh needs him and even if the team doesn't stay hopefully we get him so he can play with the Winnepeg Penguins

I'm from Pittsburgh and I do not want the team to move but God forbid it goes to a place like Kansas City or even somewhere like Alabama.....Either stay in Pittsburgh or move to Canada

Now that we have the one for the thumb, the other hand looks lonely........GO STEELERS

I'd bet any amount of money he goes to NY.

I'd be elated to see him in Buffalo or Detroit as I am a fan of both.

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

I think you would have one of the best young exciting teams in the league which is what the league needs.

But that is from my unbiased opinion.  B)

Hmmm... New Jersey Devils, an exciting team??

I find hard to believe that a team that put so much emphasis on defense can be called exciting. Sorry to burst your bubble but when the Devils are on TV, I change the channel because they are so boring to watch...

No offense though, they would really have a great young team on paper, that's for sure.

Yes, but with Crosby and the other young players they wouldn't be all about defense they would have an exciting offense.

here is what i think needs to happen..........TB needs to trade Cory Stillman to Columbus and Dallas need to trade Scott Young to Columbus and move him back to defense...........and move stillman back too while we are at it........the the penalty kill would be known as Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young

Sidenote (I am now banning myself from this board for that horrible joke)

On a more Serious Note I got three words for ya: Crosby, Gaborik, Bouchard

3 balls in the lottery: Rangers, Penguins, Sabres, and Jackets--6.25% chance each

2 balls: Ducks, Thrashers, Flames, Canes, Hawks, Oilers, KINGS, Wild, Preds, Yotes--4.17% chance each

The 16 others have 1 ball each and a 2.08% chance to get the first pick.

Just FYI  :D

That may be true in the draft lottery but come playoff time it seems there are teams with no balls *cough*Toronto*cough*

why does everyone hae Toronto? Why just because we are a media outlet and get exposure more then other teams.

untitled-6.jpg

3 balls in the lottery: Rangers, Penguins, Sabres, and Jackets--6.25% chance each

2 balls: Ducks, Thrashers, Flames, Canes, Hawks, Oilers, KINGS, Wild, Preds, Yotes--4.17% chance each

The 16 others have 1 ball each and a 2.08% chance to get the first pick.

Just FYI  :D

That may be true in the draft lottery but come playoff time it seems there are teams with no balls *cough*Toronto*cough*

why does everyone hae Toronto? Why just because we are a media outlet and get exposure more then other teams.

I don't "hae" them. But when the pressure's on, they never rise to the occasion.

Tie Domi, Darcy Tucker, Owen Nolan, and Ed Belfour. Those seem like four good reasons to hate the Leafs.

domi is the only player you mentioned who is hated. whats wrong with tucker, noalan, and especially belfour. what's wrong with?

From what I hear, any team would benefit.

But I will be stunned if he does not end up on the Rangers.  The NHL knows their marketing problems right now.  They pretty much have to get him in New York.

I doubt the lottery will be fixed. Every owner wants Crosby, if the Bettman fixed the lottery and it leaked out he would have 29 angry owners at him and he is already on thin ice.

With Bettman, where there's a will there's a way. I just know there's something up with the Rangers getting him.

Buffalo could certainly use him as they were in financial trouble almost as much as Pittsburgh was (granted Buffalo has a newer arena.) Columbus? I doubt it. Although picture Rick Nash and Crosby on the same line with Todd Marchant? OMG, we wouldn't laugh about the blue bugs that much longer. Pittsburgh, is hoping for him to be their savior. Although the NHL desperately needing a marquee name and player, and a place from him to be such that person. And as much as I blame the Rangers for this mess, I can't stress how much they can help (or hinder) the progress of the league on this lottery.

Of course, I'd love for that 4.16666666666666667% chance for that #1 overall pick to be for the San Jose Sharks. Sturm-Marleau-Crosby? Oh wow, talk about a young, speedy line that will take advantage of the no two-line pass rule.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

Crosby will end up in one of three places: Toronto (Canada's major market), New York (To revitalize the Rangers), or Phoenix (The next "Great One" playing for the "Great One's" team).

You don't need him in Toronto, at least for the health of the league's sake. New York would be a much better place for him and the NHL to get the exposure it's going to need. Phoenix is a little too off the radar to capture national (read: US) attention.

Tie Domi, Darcy Tucker, Owen Nolan, and Ed Belfour.  Those seem like four good reasons to hate the Leafs.

domi is the only player you mentioned who is hated. whats wrong with tucker, noalan, and especially belfour. what's wrong with?

Tucker not hated? Don't tell that to Islanders fans, we HATE him. I'd love to see Crosby on the Island, maybe he can be the next Dave Chyzowski...

Archived