Puckguy's 3000th post bonanza!

Puckguy14

For my 3000th post, I will embark on altering 100 teams in the next 300 days. Because I'm so antsy about it, I'm unveiling 12 NHL alterations today.

Boston Bruins - Third Jersey goes bye bye and is replaced with a traditional throwback.

Chicago Blackhawks - Lose some colors on the feather by replacing crest with one used by the Winterhawks, and the home jersey gets some effects from the third jersey.

Columbus Blue Jackets - A slight alteration to the third jersey, which becomes the home, and a new road is added.

Colorado Avalanche - Just adjustment to the letters and numbers.

Montréal Canadiens -Added vintage home jersey stripes to road jersey. (The first one I did, hence why Theodore is shown)

New York Islanders - Lighthouse patch added to other shoulder. The fisherman returns on the third jersey on the shoulder, with the lighthouse logo on front with the waves below.

Philadelphia Flyers - The 3rd jersey logo becoems primary, with alterations to the road, and a revamp orange home jersey plus beveled outline on numbers.

St. Louis Blues - More alterations and more emphasis on merging the current jersey with the vintage jerseys.

Vancouver Canucks - Striping remains same, but the shoulder stripes from the 80's returns.

Washington Capitals - Road stays the same, but a revamped return to the blue is shown.

Tampa Bay Lightning - Alrighty, now the time to hear the harsh criticism. Went a little crazy on this one. Updated striping, 3rd jersey lightning bolts return, and a revamped shield. Oh did I mention FLORESCENT YELLOW? :hockeysmiley:

Thanks to everyone for making me feel welcomed here and appreciate me here. You are all great buddies, and here's to more down the road.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

Great work.

Really like the Columbus set, this is what they should use. Philly is orange again as they should be, and I'm glad you relegated the Caps dome logo back to the shoulder where it belongs.

As you predicted...I'm just not feeling the bright yellow for Tampa. I also dislike the whole 'fisherman' look the Isles toyed with. Even though the lighthouse logo is better, I want this whole scheme to stay gone. Nice stuff (and be nice to my Stars if you decide to change Dallas!).

newsig.jpg

Nice work all around.

I like the retro effects to most of the older teams, but a few minor nitpicks: the Montreal jersey looks unecessarily busy with all the striping around the numbers and across the jersey; white outlines on yellow letters on the Blues jersey is a little hard to read; I never liked the Philly silver logo?seems like someone brought it into Photoshop and used the "bevel and emboss" filter.

I like the return to the older numbers and letters on the Lightning jersey (not the yellow though). Very original adaptation of generic varsity block numbers, and the names look even better when arched (a font and style mimicked by UMass-Lowell for a few years as well).

The white and the bottom of the Caps jersey looks weird. Like it should be worn with white pants (which should never be worn).

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I thought about doing a blue jersey, and I think I have in the past when I prosposed a 3rd jersey to go with mountains surrounding the primary logo.

And yes, note to everyone, don't wait until post 2999 to start your making your 3000 post bonanza.

Bruins: Retro is nice.

B-Hawks: A little unexpected on the red jersey, but I kinda like it.

B-Jackets: Pwnage.

Avs: And you changed...what?

Habs: I swear I've seen this before.

Islanders: You brought back the Lighthouse! Shweet! And you left Capt. Fish-Sticks behind! Doubly Sweet!

Flyers: Please don't use that logo.

Blues: Kinda digging it.

Canucks: Nice design.

Capitals: Eh.

Lightning: OHDEARGODMYEYES!!! After they stopped bleeding though, I found these to be the most inventive of the bunch.

All in all, kudos are in order.

:notworthy:

Super Wario Comix!

Iron Crossover IX Contender (Tied for 6th)

Iron Crossover Halloween Contender (Tied for Bronze)

vanhalengo.png

Puckguy...

I love all the concepts! I am also really digging the Columbus set! Simple and neat. I just wasn't feeling the Tampa Bay set. They tried the lightning on the jersey for a 3rd a few years back...didn't like it then either.

spacer.png

FANTASY SPORTS: UBA (NBA): New York Scrapers | CL (MLB): St Pete Beach Clippers

I love your work thus far. I too don't feel Tampa, mainly because they just need to ditch that primary all together. Vancouver and Columbus are absolutely perfect, and Washington looks better, but they really need to just switch to the ditched uniforms, because their current ones look really dated.

VmWIn6B.png

These are pretty sweet, puck. I love that Isles Lighthouse uni and the Jackets set, and yea, the flyers ones. i think i like that logo better than their current primary. I like BOS, VAN, and STL too and the rest are nice also. o, and the tampa ones surprised me but i think i like em. 12 down 88 to go :hockeysmiley: .

teamsnew2.png

Habs: I swear I've seen this before.

Like this?

home_jersey.gif

That's the vintage jersey from last year. There are some similarities, but he added the blue and red stripe at the crest level on the current away jersey.

Puckguy, that's some really great work! I really like the red blackhawks jersey! and of course the habs!!

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

Holy cow... Oh My God... I know some people would just say that these aren't real concepts, or some such thing, but these are AWESOME.

Now for my 2 cents...

Boston -- Simple and tasteful. I would miss the Pooh-bear jersey, tho. :)

Chicago -- I love the modified home jersey! It's pretty close to an idea I've had in the works for a while, but kinda backwards from mine (I'll post it later). As for the crest, the Winter Hawks not only tamed down the detail in the feathers, but they lightened the flesh tone and arched the bottom of the crest too. You'll see it in my above mentioned concept. Sweetness, Puckguy.

Columbus -- I like it. I wouldn't be surprised if they go to this sometime in the next few years. Only makes sense to me.

Colorado -- I love how the road/white jersey turned out. I think could go with the blue numbers. Not sure yet on the home/dark jersey, tho. The black almost seems out of place, as it's not on the white jersey. Not a big issue, but it kinda threw me off. The lettering is alright, but I personally prefer their current font. Overall, I'd like to see these on the ice to get a proper perspective on them.

Montreal -- See comments for Boston, minus the pooh comments. :P

NY Islanders -- WOW! This ranks right up there as one of the better Islander concepts/modifications I've seen on this board. The addition of the lighthouse patch completes the H/R jerseys perfectly. The alt is simply amazing... From the colors to the choice of logos to the font... :notworthy: Also, which font did you use for the alt?

Philadelphia -- This is a modernization I think I can live with and support. The orange jersey kicks butt. The beveled numbers are interesting, but they work with the whole package. The only issue I have is the lack of consistancy between the back numbers and the sleeve numbers, but I know that the beveling would make the sleeve numbers hard to read.

St. Louis -- Again, see BOS & MTL for comments. Good job on these.

Vancouver -- They're well done. Don't know if I totally love them or not. The striping pattern covers a lot of space, but I almost feel that they need a shoulder patch. Be it the streaking skate or the C-rink or even Canuck Place. It feels a little bit incomplete to me.

Washington -- YES! YES! YES! Not only did you retain one of the best looking sweaters in all of sports (the road/white) but you finally gave it the soulmate it's been looking for. I have always loved the white jersey and the defunct blue jersey, but missed the symmetry the blue jersey needed. Fantabulous!

Tampa Bay -- Oh. My. God. That is downright incredible. I actually like the lightning bolts, but the yellow just doesn't seem right. Maybe a bright neon blue? Also, props for using the original font for the letters and numbers. Did you draw them yourself, or are these the ones I posted many moons ago? And yes, I would wear one of these!!!

Awesome work, Puckguy. I can't wait to see what else you have hiding up your sleeves. :notworthy:

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

Colorado -- ...The lettering is alright, but I personally prefer their current font.

He did use their current font, just changed the colors. Thought you might want to know that.

:P

Hmm... I guess he did! I thought it looked a little more rounded and shorter, but I stand (or sit) corrected. Thanks Nick! :D

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

With a contest I'm helping with Chris, and scrambling to get event 12 in on time for Logoylmpiad, this has taken a back seat, but as a tease... the next two teams:

Toronto Maple Leafs (a modern 3rd jersey?)

New York Rangers (an alternative to their current look?)

Really like what you did with the Vancouver sweaters. Really adds some snazziness to them without vastly altering it. I also like the Flyers. The black and orange looks good, especially since I think black is used way too much as the main color of a sweater.

Detroit Dragons - 2010 ULL Gait Cup Champions

Detroit Cougars - 2010 and 2011 WAFA Wills Cup Champions

I really like the Bolts and Isles. I agree with the post above that said that the Bolts jersey idea is great, but would look better with something other than yellow. I've always thought the Isles could reintroduce the lighthouse logo with what they currently have and what you've done is simply awesome. Great job!!!!!

I'm on my 28.8 modem computer right now and I hope to get a new one (my last one crashed thanks to Best Buy screwing up the installation of my graphics card) so I'll continue when I am back to normal.

My favorite is the Columbus set. It's only a matter of time before it's going to happen, I think. I love the Isles' lighthouse one too, but the waves are a bit strong at the bottom. I loved Washington's blyue jersey, but the white on the bottom doesn't really work. And for Tampa Bay, I like the logo. On the jersey, the flourescent yellow is a bit much. I like the lightning on these much more the ones Tampa Bay attempt to use a few years ago. You did a really great job with all of these!

Archived