2006 MLB All-Star Game Logo unveiling today(8/2)

SoxSteeler

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wish they would incorporate a pirate in there somewhere, or a pirate ship.

The Pittsburgh Pirates dont even have a pirate ship. Now if it was for a Super Bowl in Tampa Bay that would work. Didnt they get XLIII?

Signature intentionally left blank

Since others have done their revision of the logo here's mine

06asg.jpg

It's hard to call that a revision or new look of the primary when that's the uniform patch from MLB.com with the black background taken out and the stripes on the bats removed. You lose. :ghostface:

HornetsTwistSig.gif

New York Jets |3-3| First, AFC East

New York Mets |74-88| Fourth, NL East

New York Islanders|34-37-11| Fifth, Atlantic Division

New Orleans Hornets |21-45| Third, Southwest Division

Mixed reactions on this. Kudos for a daring design and great to know they went with a unique look. (This ought to be fun making a media kit with next year.) But then again, you know how much stitchery there will be to make hats, patches, etc.? That's the down side.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

plain and simple this is awful.....anyone thats good at this stuff please make another logo and submit it to MLB. you would be doing us all a service.

Cards08.jpg

World Champions: 1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006

PANTONE hit the nail on the head. Way too cartoony. Even the font is cartoony.

Maybe it'll grow on me.

maybe it will grow on me like a malignant tumor... yuck.

IT'S NOT A TUMOR!

Signature intentionally left blank

I dig this thing instantly. I looked up the designer's web site before the unveiling and really liked his work. I'm glad MLB let him use his style and it was a good choice to use something very similar (if not identical) to the Pirates' font on the logo. It's vibrant, it's eye-catching and it's different. I love it.

And "gay pride" colors? Please.

SpringfieldCardinalsWord.gif

It's certainly different and that can be a good thing. To me it makes a statment that Pittsburgh isn't all about the black and gold and it also isn't the sooty, smoke belching city of which it is often portrayed and caricatured. The purple, orange and red kind of remind me of the effect that the diffused light of sunsets can have on landscapes, and seeing as how the game will start right about sunset in Pittsburgh, I think those are appropriate color choices.

This is a nice logo, IMHO. I also thought this year's logo was different, distinguished and attractive. It's nice to see MLB doing some different things.

asg06.gif

I don't know why there's so much hate directed towards this logo. A lot of people here complain about logos becoming too formulaic, this is one that most certainly is not. It's about time somebody broke that mold and did something that had a little more creativity than simply regurgitating team colors or design elements of the home stadium (which this one does, but unlike the 2002 Milwaukee or 2003 White Sox All-Star Game logos).

This is a great logo and the Pirates players should be proud to display it next season.

QPR%20Sig.png

Woah that is craptastic.

Too complicated, too many flamboyant colours, the bats are what DET used.

And it just looks childish, and really really lame.

Proud owner of the Utah Pioneers of the Continnental Baseball League.

GBCanada.png

PACKER BACKER FOREVER!

Archived