Longhorns helmet change?

Island_Style

If so, they are ruining a great helmet.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Worst. Throwback. Ever.

There is a reason they got rid of those things in the first place. If those things are worn on the field at the Horseshoe, Texas should just forfeit.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

1st of all, I didn't know you could get Texas' unis any uglier, but I was wrong

2nd of all, would someone please declaire throwbacks dead already? It's been too much overkill.

KISSwall09.jpg

They should move Bevo to the front forehead and just have the numbers on the side...

Texas uniforms fall into the catagory of "So ugly they are cool"...least that is one man's opinion.

"Try not to have a good time ... This is supposed to be educational."

- Charles Schulz

viks.jpg

For traditionalists this is the look that most Longhorn fans associate with the "glory years".I dont see what all the uproar is about,especially if it's only for one game.

Growing up in Arkansas AND Texas I've seen those old game films between the 'Horns and 'Hogs and THIS is what I always saw,so for those of us actually old enough to remember the old Southwest Conference then this is'nt that big of a thing and certainly not the worst thing ever put on a helmet.

98Falcons.png

From yesterday's Austin American-Statesman:

NEW LOOK HORNS

"The Longhorns will wear throwback uniforms for the season opener. Players will wear numbers on their helmets and will wear old-school uniforms, an idea that has drawn a favorable response from several players. 'We wanted to do this as a tribute to the great players that have played here in the past,' Mack Brown said. Vince Young suggested the team should not limit the throwback look to one game. 'I told our equipment manager we should do it for every game,' Young said. 'I like the way it looks.'"

newsig.jpg

Archived