49ers Font?

WSU151

I'm watching the Raiders-Niners game on NFL Network, and the endzones for the 49ers no longer have the old West font that was easily one of the better wordmarks in the league. Tonight is a pretty generic font, italicized, the "49" is curvy, and the "ERS" is pretty block-ish. Sorry for the terrible description. Anyone have any info on this?

EDIT: While the font in this photo is a generic one that Reebok used for several teams for these caps, the endzones look similar to this font. Except, in the endzones, the letters are in all caps, and the 4 and 9 are evenly lined up:

1_640.jpg

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's been listed as being used on a "limited" basis for a couple of seasons now.

It's no longer listed as official at this point.

NEWS FLASH: Kind of like the Cleveland Browns' "B" secondary logo...it went bye-bye this year...

What was on the 50 before?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I like this look for their field. The only thing I might change is the gold bar underneath the "ERS".

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Kind of like the Cleveland Browns' "B" secondary logo...it went bye-bye this year...

it's still used in the stadium.. it as all over the place during the game vs the Jints.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

HEy guys can anyone do me a favor maybe this should be in the favor board, buts since this thread is discussing it and Im sure someoen will try any way. Can anyone make a good quality word mardwark of the new 49ers script?

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Archived