Falcons in black pants

ShaftDu

Hmm, the Falcons were wearing the wrong sock with the black pants today. They have a sock with a white stripe on top, then a black stripe. the idea of the pants striping is that the opening toward the bottom of the pants "flows" into the sock stripe, creating a unified look. Messing with that really grinds my gears. But on the plus side, this does give me hope for the almighty red jersey/black pants/red sock stripe combo.

Okay, here's the sock I'm talking about, just so I don't get a "what the fluff" fom those of you who got lost in my rambling paragraph.

Atlanta03A.gif

Oh, and Panthers in blue? Can't get enough of it.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Hmm, the Falcons were wearing the wrong sock with the black pants today. They have a sock with a white stripe on top, then a black stripe. the idea of the pants striping is that the opening toward the bottom of the pants "flows" into the sock stripe, creating a unified look. Messing with that really grinds my gears. But on the plus side, this does give me hope for the almighty red jersey/black pants/red sock stripe combo.

Okay, here's the sock I'm talking about, just so I don't get a "what the fluff" fom those of you who got lost in my rambling paragraph.

Atlanta03A.gif

Oh, and Panthers in blue? Can't get enough of it.

Wow...a second Thrashers fan on here.....

As I mentioned in Concepts, with the red stripe down the side of these jerseys and pants, the Falcons wear 2 different white jerseys (4 total). One with red stripes on the sides to match the red strips on the black pants, and one with black stripes on the sides to match the black stripe on the white pants.

I feel so nerdy for noticing this.

i agree that they should be wearing red socks with the black pants. Heck they should be wearing it with the white pants. I mean you got red numbers. The socks should match.

It is like the Panthers too. They should be wearing the blue socks with the blue unis. And wear the black socks with the whites. I think the only reason they have blue socks with their first season. They wore the blue socks with their black unis. YUCK

Hmm, the Falcons were wearing the wrong sock with the black pants today.  They have a sock with a white stripe on top, then a black stripe.  the idea of the pants striping is that the opening toward the bottom of the pants "flows" into the sock stripe, creating a unified look.  Messing with that really grinds my gears.  But on the plus side, this does give me hope for the almighty red jersey/black pants/red sock stripe combo.

Atlanta03A.gif

Oh, and Panthers in blue?  Can't get enough of it.

They would have to have a second red jersey and second pair of black pants if they wanted to do a red jersey, black pants combination. Right now, the red jersy has black stripes on the side and the pants have a red stripe. It wouldn't flow. And you couldn't really have a black stripe on the black pants to match the current red jersey.

They have to add a second red jersey with white stripes down the side and a second black pair of pants with white stripes down the side with a red little splash thing at the bottom so it's one continuous stripe.

Oh man, I'm a 10 on the NFL uniform nerd scale today. :)

The multiple pairs of the same color pants/jersey is the thing that bothers me about the Falcons look (that and the ugly bird, and the unnecessary silver outline).

They need to just always use red piping. That way you'd have just 3 jerseys and 2 pairs of pants.

Yes, the red jersey would end up not actually have piping (or it wouldn't really be visible), but that honestly would be just fine. You'd hardly be able to notice.

The Panthers really need to go to the blue jerseys full time.

Buffalo and Atlanta on the same field in those hideous unis. Possibly the ugliest game ever from a uniform standpoint. Wow. Truly awful all around. The ultimate market research game.

Philly's black jerseys against the Raiders? What were the Eagles paying tribute to Al Davis or something? Those black Philly jerseys are bad enough anytime but could they have picked a worse time to wear them?

Finally, just when you think The Bengals can't get any worse they don the black pants. They look like a construction site. All that was missing were the 40 MPH zone signs. They need to do a complete makeover.

BB52Big.jpg

Hmm, the Falcons were wearing the wrong sock with the black pants today.  They have a sock with a white stripe on top, then a black stripe.  the idea of the pants striping is that the opening toward the bottom of the pants "flows" into the sock stripe, creating a unified look.  Messing with that really grinds my gears.  But on the plus side, this does give me hope for the almighty red jersey/black pants/red sock stripe combo.

(PICTURE OF ATL JERSEY UNI DIAGRAM, REMOVED TO NOT BE COMPLETELY IRONIC/CONTRADICTORY)

Oh, and Panthers in blue?  Can't get enough of it.

dont remote link from that site. they cannot handle the bandwith, everytime someone is on this page, it bogs down there server.

Please save this picture to a photobucket or other data saving site, and link it from there.

Very good sites have been shut down because of remote linking.

I'm sure you had no idea, as someone had to tell me once too.

Just so ya know.

I usually like the black jerseys but for some reason they looked worse than usual today.

Something definately looked different, though I don't know what. The numbers almost appeared thinner, but that could just be my eyes. When they came out on the field I thought something wasn't right with the jerseys.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I usually like the black jerseys but for some reason they looked worse than usual today.

Something definately looked different, though I don't know what. The numbers almost appeared thinner, but that could just be my eyes. When they came out on the field I thought something wasn't right with the jerseys.

I could barely see any green on them

Archived