NHL considering new goalie jerseys

BCBoy

Very interesting idea by the NHL to have the goalies where different jersey's than the players on the ice, I'm not sure what side of the fence I'm on right now, but its an idea........

"It may be too late to introduce the new steamlined sweater in time for this season," an NHL official told TSN.

You can read the rest here.......

All 30 NHL Teams Have Recieved New Goalie Jersey's

My only question is "Why?!" because an alternate goalie jersey seems very unnecessary.

If they really wanna make more money by selling jerseys, just make a 3rd jersey mandatory for all NHL teams. As a fan I would be cool with that.

6uXNWAo.png

First, the jersey pictured is terrible.

Second, it's a stupid idea. Soccer keepers wear different jerseys than their teammates so referees can easily see when the goalie is playing the ball. Otherwise, they look like any other player on the pitch. If you can't tell the difference between a hockey goaltender and his teammates when they suit up, you shouldn't be reffing anymore.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

It says they want to streamline the jersey so they basically don't have anymore Patrick Roy baggy dresses. Great! But why the hell can't they still keep the same design as the other player's jerseys.

First shoot-out, now this crap?!

Detroit Dragons - 2010 ULL Gait Cup Champions

Detroit Cougars - 2010 and 2011 WAFA Wills Cup Champions

I dont like the idea of goalies wearing different jersies for hockey or soccer for that matter. It makes them look as if they are not even a part of the team.

Well then how about a different jersey for place-kickers ^_^

I saw, I came, I left.

A number of general managers argue that there has already been so much change to the game that this would be too much, too soon, not to mention the fact that goalies will have little or not time to get used to playing in the new sweater.

That and the objections above...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Don't NHL teams have tailors they can call? All the league has to do is tell the factory making them, and the tailors adjusting them, "Hey listen. Stop putting an extra square yard of fabric in the sleeves and armpits of the goalie jerseys, take an inch or two in at the waist, and we're cool." I mean, do we have to go this far sa to have different uniforms? Different fabrics? Just hem those bad boys in, don't use oceans of material, and drop the puck!

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Errr...that's the practice jersey. I'm sure the game jersey will be the same design as the rest of the team's game jerseys.

"...they are different in colour and pattern like goalkeeper jerseys in soccer and would not match the rest of the team."

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Errr...that's the practice jersey.  I'm sure the game jersey will be the same design as the rest of the team's game jerseys.
"...they are different in colour and pattern like goalkeeper jerseys in soccer and would not match the rest of the team."

Hmm...my bad. These suck.

Archived