Canadiens' 100th Anniversary Logo

Roger Clemente

The Canadiens are everything up there so it makes sense to me that this was released so early.

I've got a quick anecdote about the Canadiens. When I took a tour of the Molson Center the tour guide stopped us in front of this giant wall-sized photo of the Richards in action. Since Toronto and Montreal are big rivals she was giving the Toronto fans some ribbing the whole day. She talked about all the Cups Montreal had won and then asked the audience who won the second most cups and how many. A Toronto fan quickly said the Leafs and they won 11. The guide pointed up to the photo the Richards and said, "Wow, what a coincidence! Henri has 11 cups too."

Ouch.

A Toronto fan quickly said the Leafs and they won 11. The guide pointed up to the photo the Richards and said, "Wow, what a coincidence! Henri has 11 cups too."

Ouch.

Ouch indeed... of course it's only 11 if you don't include the cups before the name change in 1927.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

A Toronto fan quickly said the Leafs and they won 11.  The guide pointed up to the photo the Richards and said, "Wow, what a coincidence!  Henri has 11 cups too."

Ouch.

Ouch indeed... of course it's only 11 if you don't include the cups before the name change in 1927.

Well that's the difference between Montreal and Toronto. We kept the same name!

I saw the logo on TV and thought it was very simple and clean. Very fitting for the organization. And since they have already begun celebration countdown, I can't see why this would be too soon. The Olympics usually have their logo seven or 8 years before the event.

And believe me, it will be a BIG deal in Montreal! ^_^

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

Well, when you're reaching 100 years, you want to make a big, BIG deal out of it. Let's hope the patch looks awesome, I'll need some for my sweater.

100 years, 24 Cups...not bad

Maybe they'll sneak one more Cup in before then, too. And we could get a 25 Cups commemorative out of that

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

December 4, 2009 is a Friday. Who wants to bet they'll have a huge special devoted to it on HNIC the next day AND they face the Leafs in Montreal that night?

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Isn't Montreal trying to get the All-Star Game and Entry Draft for '09?

It's gonna be rowdy in La Belle Province, mon amis.

Except in Quebec City, where they'll be celebrating the 30th birthday of the Nordiques, and mourning over their loss...

Super Wario Comix!

Iron Crossover IX Contender (Tied for 6th)

Iron Crossover Halloween Contender (Tied for Bronze)

vanhalengo.png

Archived