2006 Grey Cup log unveiled

Dilbert

Why do I have a feeling that's going to spark an outbreak of Sabres' concepts?

^_^

I'm more appauled by the same font and grey cup they've been using since 2004. Can't the CFL try something different for a change? As for the logo. Who's hosting it? The University of Manitoba? ^_^

I saw, I came, I left.

Why do I have a feeling that's going to spark an outbreak of Sabres' concepts?

^_^

I'm more appauled by the same font and grey cup they've been using since 2004. Can't the CFL try something different for a change? As for the logo. Who's hosting it? The University of Manitoba? ^_^

Almost looks like it.

For comparison...

ManitobaBisons.GIF

Thanks Logoserver

Not bad, but the white horn bugs me.

Could've been worse.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

It's crap. The only decent elements are the script and cup, which have been carried over from past logos.

We had a bunch of better bison rendered by amateurs here during the Kolodziej scam, and it looks like Barnstorm Communications is running an in-house contest to see who can draw the worst maple leaf from year to year.

Likely has to do with the Provincial Flag of Manitoba, as well as the provincial coat-of-arms.

The bison is the animal most commonly identified with Manitoba, despite the fact that its natural habitat covers only a quarter of the province.

Manitoba, as a prairie province, was home to many bison herds as little as 100 years ago, before they were hunted to near extinction in the region. Regardless, as Mockba mentioned, they can be found on the provincial flag and coat-of-arms. In addition, two huge bison statues guard the stairway in the provincial legislature.

And Gordie, you're right... that's a horrible maple leaf.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

It's okay--but the last few years they all look very similar (especially Ottawa's resemblance to Saskatchewan's...

But Even BC's looks similar to those.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

. . .  that's a fantastic-looking bison.

I disagree - it's sloppy, and even if you cleaned it up, mediocre at best.

Bucknell has a fantastic bison, Marshall has a good one, Colorado's is nice, even Fiasco's Oatmeal Stout label kicks the crap out of the one in this Grey Cup logo.

For the championship, and showcase event, of a professional league, you ought to be able to come up with something better than a retread logo with a second-rate bison and a piss-poor maple leaf slapped on.

. . .  that's a fantastic-looking bison.

I disagree - it's sloppy, and even if you cleaned it up, mediocre at best.

Bucknell has a fantastic bison, Marshall has a good one, Colorado's is nice, even Fiasco's Oatmeal Stout label kicks the crap out of the one in this Grey Cup logo.

For the championship, and showcase event, of a professional league, you ought to be able to come up with something better than a retread logo with a second-rate bison and a piss-poor maple leaf slapped on.

No, really, don't beat around the bush.

Tell us what you really think of it.

:)

My input.

Meh.

I see it, I don't have anything to say.

It's just ordinary.

Not horrible, not great. Just ordinary.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

logo-greycup2003.jpg

greycup_logo.jpg

Grey%20cup%202005%20logo%20scanned%20copy.gif

greycup2006-large.gif

Each of these would be not bad on their own, but it's really annoying how they reuse 80% of the logo from the year before.

Out of those, I like Vancouver's the best....

...and all of those are better than the lame Super Bowl logos we have down here....

The Regina one was kind of cool, and it fit the team as well, but then it's just revisions more than new logos--

"Hmm, how can I tweak the Regina logo for Ottawa?"

etc.

They used to have more individuality.

There are some older ones at the bottom of this page.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Archived