Missouri Attack Concept

AAO

that...is an awesome concept. I love the color scheme, jersey setup, modern but not crazily so...nice.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I really like the logo. I'm not so hot on the jerseys. It seems like the piping's a bit over the top, especialy the piping on the pants basically highlighting the player's crotch.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I can't bring myself to like the back piping which creates such a big separation between names and numbers. I'd prefer it with the backs left piping-free and the numbers a bit higher than normal.

So smallest nitpick aside... fluffing great work as always AAO.

liverpool-1.png

From an NFL point of view, the design is VERY futuristic. But from a person who has seen many other sports, I see that it is only at the current level of futuristic design (ala Nike, no offense).

The logo is very well constructed except for the head being too small on the primary.

Also (probably from being foreign) I don't understand as to why you have chosen the name "Attack" for your team, in my mind this is not a great choice as it has no real personality to it, nor does it really strike a lot of fear into the heart of opposition in a sensical manner (take for example, "Oooh no, we're being attacked by the Attack"). Could you please clarify your choice of name.

sig.png

A very nice look. Very polished, but could be slightly tweaked to make it perfect. I think in the primary logo/wordmark, the positioning of the logo above the wordmark seems off-center. But it isn't. What I mean is that while it is centered, the asymmetrical shape of the bird head/wing (nice hidden "M" in there, by the way) makes it look weighted to the right. Perhaps you may consider a slight alteration there. but make no mistake- I really enjoy this work.

The wordmark is clean, but doesn't read as agressive enough. With the scalloped points incorporated into the logo, don't shy away from more edges in the wordmark. The sharp edges at the two sides are good, but the flat bottom of Attack lessens the visual interest. Even raising the bottom of the "ttac" would re-supply that interest.

As for the unifroms, why be traditional when it often comes across as derivitive? Piping and different colored panels work just fine in my opinion if they are integrated in the overall design and not just added as an afterthought. As I thought the orange Florida sleeve looks strange while the orange VT sleeve worked with the design of those uniforms. In this case, it works. But I do agree with Mockba about the yellow piping on the blue pants emphasizing the players crotch. On the white pants, not so much.

On the whole, though, great work.

Thanks for the input fellas. I'll have an update soon--and obiwan--i took you up on the suggestion of making the 'ttac' in attack raised a bit higher.

And I chose attack because I wanted to do a name that's not really used in sports, and it works kind of like Nitro's Ravage concept (nitroseed.net), the primary consists of a Wolverine crawling on the wordmark. Here, the bird is in an attacking position, and looks angry. Or kind of like the Iowa State Cyclones. They have the bird swirling into a cyclone in the primary, but when you think cyclone, you don't think of a Cardinal.

I'm a huge fan of your work AAO, but these unis are too futuristic for me. I don't think this type of uniform works on the NFL or NCAA level because of all the piping. It looks very Arena League/XFLish.

Piping has gotten out of control. We need more uniforms like this:

penn-state-football.jpg

Either very little piping or some nice stripes. And we need sleeves to be a little longer so they don't look like tank tops.

buffalo_sig.png

the helmet center striping needs to mesh more. seems not to fit just right. overall 9 out of 10. Also maybe a black face mask or yellow...

I like the piping around the shoulder numbers, great touch.

"Try not to have a good time ... This is supposed to be educational."

- Charles Schulz

viks.jpg

The bird's head looks great, but I didn't even realize the M was a wing at first. I thought it was the bird's head poking out from behind something else. In your quest to put in the M-wing, you lost the flow going on. The wing doesn't look like it's part of the same body as the bird. It almost looks like a cape or beach towel that's draped over the back with the arms extended.

If you made the long swooping stroke attached to the head instead of a separate element, it would go a long way to unifying the entire bird. I think you could make it work and still have the M shape in there.

The uniform striping is weird and inconsistent. Based on the blue version, the collar is a different color than the triangular shapes under the arms. But you made them the same color in the white version. I also think there should be more yellow coloring on the blue set, but that's your call.

The piping that goes across the back is too low, because it forces the numbers to be lower on the back than they should be. Those numbers should be bigger and not far away from the nameplate.

I think the piping brings unessary focus to the crotch. I'd lower it down towards the knee, keep it on the side of the pants, or eliminate it altogether.

Good start, but needs some more tweaking.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I think the piping's a bitt overboard, honestly. The "ovals" around the shoulder numbers is a bit much, and the pants, mainly the blue ones....the piping's too much there. It's a cool, futuristic design, but it's not for my traditionalist taste, I guess. I love the logo though. Very well done.

Archived