Where Does T.O. Go Frome Here?

bigdub81

Since it is plainly obvious that T.O. has caught his last pass for the Philidelphia

Eagels, with all the bridges that he has burned with both management and his

teammates, where do you see him playing next year if at all in the NFL, since

it has been stated that he would try his "skills" the NBA if the NFL did not want

him anymore! YOUR THOUGHT'S PLEASE...

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
honestly, some NFL team will pick him up if they can afford him. I can see the Raiders, Bears, or Falcons trying to court Sir Jerkoff

I don't know if Lovie would put up with it. The bears could use him that's for sure. But I can kinda see Lovie doing everything he could to prevent it.

He is far too talented to be ignored. If the Eagles release him, I could see the Packers giving him a try. What do they really have to lose? The Eagles and Packers have similar offenses, and TO is a bit of a Favre fan. Of course, if this were to happen, it will only be for the rest of this season. Sherman wouldn't object because he'll take a chance on anything that will save his job.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

I can see him as a Jet next season. The team needs a huge overhaul afetr this miserable season. I see them drafting a quarterback (Vince Young would be a great fit, but of course Leinart is a proven leader) and trying to get a talented young back from another team. I could see them trying to go after Larry Johnson, who would be a top ten back if he wasn't behind Priest Holmes.

Adding TO would would mean an entirely new offense. A young QB wouldn't (or shouldn't) have the same ego conflicts that established guys have had with Owens and would benefit greatly from having such a talented receiver to pass to. Larry should be content finally being the feature back, so everyone's happy.

And to top it off, the New York media would keep TO's ego in check. Our city doesn't let its athletes get too high on themselves. Example, Shockey came in as one of the loudest players in the NFL. Two years later, he's quietly putting up huge numbers for the Giants.

So yeah, that's a Giants fan's idea for rebuilding the Jets.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

Did anyone else hear on ESPN Gamenight them joking about him going to the CFL...at least I hope they were joking.

The Gliebermans have probably already made inquiries.

I don't know if the Packers and Brett Favre would want him. It only took two years for T.O. to go from "Forget Jeff Garcia, I want to play with Donovan McNabb" to "Donavan McNabb is holding this team back, I want to play with Brett Favre."

Inevitably someone will take a chance on him. This will all fade with the passage of time, and some poor team will think they can rehabilitate and benefit from having him around. Regardless, while it might be interesting to see how it all plays out, I'm not too anxious to hear about it anytime soon.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Did anyone else hear on ESPN Gamenight them joking about him going to the CFL...at least I hope they were joking.

The Gliebermans have probably already made inquiries.

I don't know if the Packers and Brett Favre would want him. It only took two years for T.O. to go from "Forget Jeff Garcia, I want to play with Donovan McNabb" to "Donavan McNabb is holding this team back, I want to play with Brett Favre."

Inevitably someone will take a chance on him. This will all fade with the passage of time, and some poor team will think they can rehabilitate and benefit from having him around. Regardless, while it might be interesting to see how it all plays out, I'm not too anxious to hear about it anytime soon.

Brett Farve has a spine and would slap the taste out of T.O.'s mouth. Garcia and McNabb both handled these situations poorly. Farve wouldn't take that plop.

If the Eagles release T.O. before the end of the season, Green Bay is going to jump on him. If it goes longer, I don't doubt there'll be at least 5-6 teams vying to sign T.O. for a year.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

The sad thing is, his on-field ability backs up what he says. A team is much better with T.O. on the field than on the bench. You don't think Philly would have won last night with him in the lineup?

I haven't seen Owens do anything on the field that hurt his team. Once the game starts, he is a team player. He's no Randy Moss. His off-field attitude and actions are a different story.

Yes, he went over the line with his comments, and I think he's burned all bridges with the hopes of coming back to play for Philly.

As I was writing this, I got word that the Eagles have suspended Owens for the season. So if he even suits up at all this season, it won't be in the green and black (and charcoal and that other gray).

Dammit. He was my #1 receiver.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

As I was writing this, I got word that the Eagles have suspended Owens for the season.

Yeah, I just heard that too. This sucks because he was probably the most productive player on my fantasy team.

Owens, you b*tch!!

6uXNWAo.png

Archived