Philadelphia Eagles concept

Dave Ship

Overall, very nice. :D As for the specifics, ...

What I like:

1. Simplifying the pants striping so it is balanced/horizontally symmetrical. I don't like the current pants, which use stripes of varying thickness.

2. Elimination of the charcoal in the trim.

What I don't like:

1. Ditching the wings on the helmet. Your version actually likes very good on its own, but the wings are iconic (even if I like the silver version (i.e., 1974ish-1995ish) better than the current version). On a team that had never used the wings, I would love this helmet.

2. The contrasting color inserts at the armpits seem unnecessary to me.

3. The gradient on the alt. I'm not sure if I like that idea in general, but in this particular case, since you go from black to the same green as the primary jersey, there isn't even as much distinction from the primary as there probably should be.

4. Green socks with green pants. I don't think the black stripe does enough to offset the socks from the pants, so black would probably work better.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

I really like the gradient you've used but it just doesn't allow for the alt to differentiate itself from the home. The only way to make them different is to use black or green pants (doen't look to held high in regard on these forums however). I'd make the pants striping consistent on all three designs as well. I've got no problem with the new helmet either, you could use it just for the alt if you feel like using the normal design though.

sig.png

On the alternates, I think it would have been just fine if you left it black instead of trying to force a gradient where you really don't need it. Also, the current winged helmets are fine as is (although if it weren't a design as tradition-bound as the Eagles, I might acutally prefer it). Other than that, nice work...

QPR%20Sig.png

i agree with harlequin on the helmet. but what's with the alt? did they just get out of a coal mine or something?

still, the home and away are better than the eagles current unis in my opinion.

Love the new design and yes, keep the wings on the helmet. Try this out on the

away if you don't mind.

1. Place the "E" symbol on both the white and green pants

2. Add a white stripe at the top of the black socks to kinda' tie in the away jersey

and not have it look so dark going from the green pants into dark socks

3. Change the sleeve and neck cuff's on the away jersey to black to tie those into

the socks

4. Thicken the stripes on the green pants to match those of the white one's

5. Change "Philidelphia" on the away jersey to "Philly" or back to "Eagles" like the

home and alternate jersey ( Philidelphia, just seems too long )

i like them all.....i looked at the alt first, and i thought my eyes were whack.....i like the alt, but the stripe on the front of the away is green, and the one on the home is black and white.....maybe change it to all white, or all black....but really good job!!!

I just wanna do hoodrat things with my friends.

The home and away jersey's are both great. Much improved, and the alternate looks alright, but gradients aren't that great looking on football jersey's IMO

The Eagles helmet is great with the wings, but the thought of puttting the primary on the helmet was a good idea if the wings weren't so traditional.

oddly enough, the first helmet is almost a dead ringer for the helmet I wore in my senior season of high school, just change the green to forest green and replace silver with gold. I'd worn the style for two years, but the first year of it (99) we had a white-gold-white stripe, which was ditched for 2000.

the jerseys, they dont' really do anything for me. I don't love em, but I don't hate em either.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

i like the home and away jerseys, especially the "philadelphia" script on the away uniform. it's good that you kept the helmet the same way, i didn't like your original design that much. i also love the jersey style, with the stripe across the chest. i don't like the gradient on the alt, but i think you should keep the "e" logo there on the alt and add it to the home pants. all in all, good improvement ove the modern eagles jerseys

I'm not big on the gradient or the use of black. The eagles have too dark of a green to go well with black in my opinion. I agree that the wing should stay on the bucket. What can I say, I'm a traditionalist. Other than those things, it's a pretty solid concept. I still hate the Eagles. I was at the Flyers' game last night, and they were selling "McNabb McSucks" shirts. Hilarious, although untrue.

Archived