The Plain Bowl?

slats7

Plain Bowl sounds a heck of a lot better than the Nike Abomination bowl seen earlier this year between Arizona and Utah. (and if you think AZ looks alright, you haven't seen the back of the jerseys)

GXNASUZTVUPOMLL.20050903041320.jpg

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

Notre Dame is rumored to be playing Penn State in January.

so whats wrong with that. Have we come to be a people were everything has to be flashy and bright, not able to enjoy simplicity?

No, some people just like to see more modern designs and creativity and no, I'm not a fan of the futuristic jerseys.

mav23.gif

Penn State and Notre Dame may have plain, boring uniforms. But their styles of play are very exciting.

And by the way, I like their bands, too.

Trust me, if the Fiesta Bowl is Notre Dame/Penn State, it will not just be a great game, but it will also feature two schools storied in football tradition. You've gotta love it!!!

Trust me, if the Fiesta Bowl is Notre Dame/Penn State, it will not just be a great game, but it will also feature two schools storied in football tradition. You've gotta love it!!!

Plus, the idea of old-timer JoePa vs. newcomer Charlie on the sidelines would only add to it.

Penn State vs. Notre Dame would be, by far, the second-most watched bowl game after the Rose Bowl.

If 'creative' means adding another stripe in an unnatural place or adding a color that's not in the school's athletic logo or school seal -- I'll pass, thank you. Actually, it's more challenging to be 'creative' with less.

Notre Dame and Penn State used to play every year before PSU joined the Big Ten. It's a classic game that would have me watching, for sure.

natsred.pngredskins.pngmaryland.pngcapitals.png

Arizona's jerseys are awesome, Utah's uniforms are fine. PennState's Jerseys yet are plain but traditional same with notre dame. Im tired of hearing about how nike is killing college football. Have you noticed they only try things out with teams that have changed thier uniforms lately, they don't jump on penn state or notre dame or navy to try radical things, they leave them alone. They use oregon as a guinea pig to see if things work like new bright colors(highlighter yellow rocks) and differant but maybe stupid jersey styles (oregon's futuristic uni). Im sick and tired hearing the conservatives bitch and moan about nike "ruining" football, if we didn't try things new and differant once and awhile we'd still be playing in khaki sweaters and leather helmets so shut it already.

spacer.png

I guees then every single football should just have uniforms like alabama or penn state. No logos on the helmets, no outlines on the numbers, no sleeve stripes, no names, nothing. Even though Miami is a pretty prestigous program. Michigan's away uniform has piping and no one says anything about that. I agree with CityofWalrus to an extent.

mav23.gif

I guees then every single football should just have uniforms like alabama or penn state. No logos on the helmets, no outlines on the numbers, no sleeve stripes, no names, nothing. Even though Miami is a pretty prestigous program. Michigan's away uniform has piping and no one says anything about that. I agree with CityofWalrus to an extent.

No, all the teams in the NCAA shouldn't look like someone sneezed paint on them.

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

My feelings are mixed on this issue.

While i hate what Nike is doing to college uniforms, they are only using teams with no solid uniform tradition to try out these monstrosities.

If anything like the "One Sleeve" came to State College, PA... The riots would claim dozens of lives.........

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

My feelings are mixed on this issue.

While i hate what Nike is doing to college uniforms, they are only using teams with no solid uniform tradition to try out these monstrosities.

If anything like the "One Sleeve" came to State College, PA... The riots would claim dozens of lives.........

I agree one-hundred per cent on this. I still hate the one sleave thing, but at least it was done to a team that has no tradition except for the Vicks.

I will tell you one thing, Penn State vs. Notre Dame would be a beautiful game to see, even in Arizona. The Blue and White vs. the White and Gold, that would look sharp. :notworthy:

Holy crap, it might look like...two college teams playing each other!! NOOOO!!!

I want to see AFL jerseyed college kids playing against each other with weird patches, bibs, stripes, and entire sections of the jersey covered another color. I want monochrome uniforms with very strange piping all over it, and huge nike logos on them too. I want both socks and sleeves to be different colors, and I demand a strange redone logo on the helmet to put the icing on the cake of unfamiliarity and overdone-ness.

I look forward to this game.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

It's maize piping on a white jersey. It's subtle. It's almost not even worth it. Michigan probably wouldn't allow it any other way.

Also, it wouldn't be terrible for every college to have a home and road set in school colors that mimics PSU and Notre Dame, and have an alternate set that goes all off the deep end with Nike experimentation.

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

After this game, we may never ever see two more beautiful jerseys being worn in one game.  Two of the best uniforms in all of sports -- though, I like both teams darks more and one has to, obviously, wear white.

Hopefully it will be PSU in white. I enjoy the blues as well, but their whites are beautiful and look great under the lights.

p1_scott_si.jpg

clean and classy.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

The only thing I don't like about Penn State's unis is that they don't have thin blue stripe on the pants.

That needs to be there. One, because it would be consistant. Two because white pants without stripes is just...dull (people complain about the Rams stripless GOLD pants--just like ND's...). And Three, because it would look good and not ruin anything.

Archived