Most Original NBA uniform

cableguy

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
But those Pacers uniforms were really good.

Um, no they weren't. The font was hideous, the triangles were goofy. I'm not saying they were the worst uniforms in NBA history, but they just weren't good. Compared to the uniforms the Pacers wore prior to the Flo-Jos, they were ok. But the pinstripe kits from the Bird era kicked major butt over anything the Pacers ever wore.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: I don't get the fascination that people have with those Flo-Jo unis. It's the same fascination people have with the Brewers ball-in-glove logo. Odd... Just, odd. :/

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

But those Pacers uniforms were really good.

Um, no they weren't. The font was hideous, the triangles were goofy. I'm not saying they were the worst uniforms in NBA history, but they just weren't good. Compared to the uniforms the Pacers wore prior to the Flo-Jos, they were ok. But the pinstripe kits from the Bird era kicked major butt over anything the Pacers ever wore.

Pinstripes: they're not for basketball

Those were the best. The script kinda matched the logo, it fit the team name: they looked like a speedy bunch. The only problem with them was that they used plain old radial varsity-serif for the names, and it didn't match. They should've used linear Arial italic.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

WOW...some wonderful replies thanks guys...while this topic started off as the most ORIGINAL nba uniforms we kind of switched gears to the nba's worst.

My top five HORRIBLE unis of NBA history, in no particular order

1) Cavs Blue/black "opps I spilled paint on my uniform"

2)the 76ers star fade

3) the Hawks fade

4) the raptors with the cartoon dinosaur

5)Houstons pin stripe horror

just my opinion, there were so many to chose from

Pinstripes: they're not for basketball

I think Orlando's best jersey set was the pinstripes. They made it work somehow. They were a lot better than the sublimated star pajamas, and a lot better than that plain, boring garb used currently.

I do agree that Indiana's Flo-Jo's were the best for that team.

Post numero 1,000 :)

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Sticking to the original topic of "INNOVATIVE" (doesn't matter if you like them or not, just innovative):

1. The original Charlotte Hornets uniforms, with the pleated front shorts, were innovative

2. ABA New York Nets with the stripes and stars down the side of the uniforms

3. Denver Nuggets "rainbow" skyline uniforms

4. San Diego Clippers original light blue-orange uniforms, with the naval flags down the sides of the shorts...that was innovative.

5. Atlanta Hawks uniforms in general; Dominique Wilkins era, and the 1990s era unis with the gradients...innovative

6. Washington Bullets "Flag" uniforms from the 1970s-80s era...innovative

7. Philadephia 76ers (spoken of elsewhere in this thread) shooting stars and gradient uniforms

8. ABA Miami Floridians, with the pink, orange and black

These are just some that come to mind. All innovative. Not that I like or dislike them. That's a separate thread....

BTW, I had to smile in this thread with the comment that someone liked the gradient stars of the 76ers when "they were a kid." Heck, that REALLY dates me.... :D

Jayworld

Seems like a lot of teams redesigned theirs after the original Hornets made such a big deal out of having some famous fashion designer unveil their look. That particular uniform style was okay, although I'm not huge on the teal and purple King Rex had to wear (go UK!). Lots of blame might go to Charlotte for making everyone want to have the next innovative new look.

Shumway3319 wrote:

I actually really like the Sonics ones. They're probably my favoirte uniforms in the NBA

Are you kidding! I think the Sonics have the one of the worst unis in the leaugue, along with the worst looking logo and court. The logo and jerseys they had before this one with the red, green, and gold were awesome. Those jerseys were innovative. They need to bring those back.

I'd have to vote for the Sixers starburst jerseys.

23.jpg

Charles Barkley was quoted as saying that these looked like they gave his daughter a box of crayons and a shirt, told her to make a jersey.

Oh God... That picture portrays two of the worst NBA uniforms from the early 90s -- the gradient Sixers and the Flo-Jo Pacers. :puke:

Shield your eyes, Frank...

You obviously never laid eyes on the New Jersey Nets tie dye jerseys from that era.

I heard a rumor that when it debuted that there was confusion at the box office. The line was out the door and filled with stoners. Apparently people thought the Greatful Dead were in town instead of the Nets. It was a big mess...big big mess!

I'd have to vote for the Sixers starburst jerseys.

23.jpg

Charles Barkley was quoted as saying that these looked like they gave his daughter a box of crayons and a shirt, told her to make a jersey.

Oh God... That picture portrays two of the worst NBA uniforms from the early 90s -- the gradient Sixers and the Flo-Jo Pacers. :puke:

Shield your eyes, Frank...

i bought one of those pacers jerseys in england for the equivalent of 5 dollars.

you seriously think these

a_sonicsold_vt.jpg

sonics-20-red-s.jpg

are better than

a_sonics_vt.jpg

sure the red was innovative and in a different direction, but, I just didnt like them that much, the new look is classic, back to the green and gold, and different than most other people, not THE BEST EVER, but definatly good looking.

impossiblefp4.jpg

The World Basketball Championship, the Davis Cup, Ryder Cup, Iraq: Every day there's further proof that we, as a nation, are not very good at international competition.

you seriously think these

a_sonicsold_vt.jpg

sonics-20-red-s.jpg

are better than

a_sonics_vt.jpg

sure the red was innovative and in a different direction, but, I just didnt like them that much, the new look is classic, back to the green and gold, and different than most other people, not THE BEST EVER, but definatly good looking.

I'm with you. Their current look is definitely better than the late 90's set.

And, for what it's worth, I liked the second version of the Cavs blue, orange, and black set, the jerseys without the paint stripe.

WPersonCavs.jpg

RDaviscavs.jpg

instead of

SkempCavs.JPG

ThillCavs.JPG

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Archived