Favorite Goalie Masks

Hail2theVctrz

I always thought Mike Palmateer's Caps mask was cool.

mikep.jpg

But what would be cooler is to have the actual face of the goalie on the mask.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's been some good one's over the years.

I liked Jamie Storr's samauri mask when he played for LA. I also liked Grant Fuhr's (I think it was him) when he was in St. Louis.. Piano keys across the sides.

Patrick Roy's silver mask with the living mountains was pretty cool, as was Ron Hextall's Quebec polar bear mask. Trevor Kidd had that awesome dragon mask, too.

Gilles Gratton

06-Gilles-Gratton-Mask.jpg

Whenever this comes up I have to mention Gilles Gratton's mask--it looked even more incredible in action--but I can't find a picture. Amusing is the story htat he streaked in a practice once wearing only this mask & his skates--now that would be frightening.

As for Dryden I prefer his earlier mask--it looked like it would fall apart at any second.

Dryden

Just the mask

A scene from a bad SciFi movie?

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Roman Turek

turekl.jpg

turekr.jpg

Eddie Lives!

Also designed by the same company who did Legace and Turco. I believe Bishop Designs made Khabby's as well. Actually, after going to their site bishopdesigns.com, they also did Cujo, Cechmanek's pharaoh mask, Brian Ecklund(Wolverine), and Jamie McLennan(Kiss). They do some pretty sweet work.

John Vanbiesbrouck (Florida Panthers) :notworthy:

maskbeezer01.jpg

Brian Hayward (San Jose Sharks)

maskhayward01.jpg

Beezer's Ranger Mask

maskbeezer02.jpg

Grant Fuhr (St. Louis Blues)

maskfuhr02.jpg

Ron Hextall (Philadelphia Flyers)

maskhextall03.jpg

John Casey (Boston Bruins)

maskcasey01.jpg

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

I have more...

Hextall's Nordiques Mask

maskhextall02.jpg

Jeff Hackett (Chicago Blackhawks)

maskhackett01.jpg

Fuhr's Sabres Mask

maskfuhr01.jpg

Byron Dafoe (Boston Bruins)

maskdafoe01.jpg

Craig Billington (Ottawa Senators)

maskbillington01.jpg

Ed Belfour (I think this is a Sharks photo)

maskbelfour01.jpg

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

For myself, I like Andy Moog's mask when he was nearing an end in Boston. It was pretty nice to see with the Bruins sweater.

moogbos.jpg

I also like Jose Theodore's mask he used up until this season. Unfortunately, he seems to have changed it (red bars have changed to silver) and it looks a lot more like Cujo's Itech than what Theodore had last season.

Juventus.png

Archived