Next TD celebration

maxweb81

I'd actually like to see him hand the ball to the ref and walk back to the sideline for once, as if he's been there before. Celebrations are nice and all, but not when they become the reason you tune into a game, as is the case with Chad Johnson.

6uXNWAo.png

I'd actually like to see him hand the ball to the ref and walk back to the sideline for once, as if he's been there before.  Celebrations are nice and all, but not when they become the reason you tune into a game, as is the case with Chad Johnson.

Agreed entirely. I think the next ridiculous celebration he does should automatically come with one of these:

F127.jpg

That'll end things real quick.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

It's starting to get ridiculous.

He's a funny guy -- but why doesn't anybody grill him when he says his TD celebration next game is going to be his best ever and he doesn't even score?

Besides... none of his celebrations can touch T.O.'s Sharpie celebration.

IUe6Hvh.png

haha i like celebrations.....good on him....i like the Lleyton Hewitt and Brett Lee chainsaw......Stevie Milne had some good ones but he put them away in 2003.....i havre a few celebrations up my sleeve when i (or should i) make the big time in whatever sports....

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

I'd actually like to see him hand the ball to the ref and walk back to the sideline for once, as if he's been there before.

Ah, the old Barry Sanders TD routine. Even though he left the Lions high and dry, I always miss his nonchalance when he scored. Just like Curty said, it's great to see a guy act like he's been there before, and will get there again. As commissioner of my fantasy football league I enacted "The TO Rule", putting a season-dooming voodoo curse on any team that picked up TO. Next year, that rule is definitely extending to Chad Johnson. I'm happy he didn't score this week, and nobody got to see what he was planning. It would be sweet karma if he never found the end zone again in his life.

I love his celebrations. All he's doing is waving a big flag saying "look at me" one of these days he'll run into a defense that'll shut him down and make him pay. Plus he's tongue-in-cheek about the whole thing. Owens would celebrate because he thought he was God, and nothing else matters. He didn't give two sh%ts about the team, he just wanted the best for TO.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Chad johnson's TD celebrations are fun. What's wrong with that? A little pre-planned, yes, but I haven't seen any that have crossed the line. Pretty much the same with TO's celebrations, except for the incidents at Dallas.

The players have a little fun, and the crowds are into them. No one gets hurt, what's the big deal? It's not like they're wiping their asses against the goal post.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I have to agree.....I don't see any harm with these celebrations (well, the Moss one last year in Green Bay was a little over the top..funny, but over the top...and well, the TO dancing on the Cowboys star at midfield wasn't exactly smart either :lol: )...Note to the NFL: Let em have a tiny bit of fun.

Personally, I like it...heck, I can remember Billy "White Shoes" Johnson doing his thing after a TD and the Skins "Fun Bunch" as well.

The Steve Smith "Diaper Change" one was hilarious....also liked it when someone on the Steelers (wanna say it was Ward, but I'm not 100% sure who it was) busted out the vintage Ickey Shuffle on one of his TDs against the Bengals yesterday.

Personally, my fave of all time was Chad Johnson's sign about not being fined :lol:

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

I actually hated that the Steelers WR(whichever it was) did the Ickey Shuffle. I'm not a Bengals fan, but it just made me really mad. Although, I think it would be funny to see someone bust out a Dirty Bird vs. the Falcons, or maybe even a mile High Salute in Denver. As far as celebrations in general, I've gotta go with 2 Lions. Obviously Barry Sanders for simply handing the ball off to the ref and going on with his business. The other, I'd like to say, is Roy Williams. I mean, giving the ball to a kid is just a classy move. It'd be nice to see him reach the endzone more often, or any of the Lions, for that matter.

Why should Chad's next celebration get an automatic penalty? That doesn't make sense. His celebrations are in good fun. He doesn't do it to rub anything in the faces of the opposing fans (see: Hines Wards doing the Ickey Shuffle). Yeah, they are preplanned, but he gets in the endzone doesnt he? Don't try to say that he doesnt work hard on his game. He is in the top three of recievers in the NFL, and he shows up every week. Yeah, he didn't get in the endzone this week...and you can't expect him to get in the endzone every week. But the Bengals won. Whats wrong with people tuning in just to see his celebrations? I'm sure the NFL doesn't have a problem with that.

That being said, I think it would be funny to see him get into the endzone and wave everyone off like he does and prepare everyone for a big celebration...then just hand it off to the ref. But, then the next time he gets in the endzone, he can do a big celebration.

Give him a break, he's putting the numbers up, his team is winning...let him have some fun, and let him entertain the fans.

As I said in another post, I have a new hatred for Hines Ward. I wouldn't care if it was any other celebration, even if it was a rip-off of one Chad's already done (since it seems like thats all he does anymore). But, by doing the Ickey Shuffle, he completly ruined the celebration. Hey Hines, you haven't done S--T! Show some respect to Ickey Woods. Plus, you're team lost! Chad has said when the Bengals get to the playoffs, he will do the Ickey Shuffle. And I believe he's said he's talked to Ickey Woods and Ickey told him to do it.

Well, he looks stupid for one when he tells people this game will feature his best celebration yet, and he doesn't even get into the endzone. People can say what they want about T.O. -- he always backs up what he says and he didn't advertise his celebrations. When you advertise the celebration, it is almost like taunting. I like Chad Johnson, but he's really starting to get annoying with this stuff.

IUe6Hvh.png

Hey Hines, you haven't done S--T! Show some respect to Ickey Woods.

You're serious?

Woods: Four seasons, thirty-seven games. 332 rushes for 1,525 yards (avg: 4.6). 47 receptions for 397 yards (avg: 8.4).

Ward: In 8th season, 122 games. 49 rushes for 378 yards (avg: 7.7). 552 receptions for 6,712 yards (avg: 12.2). Four pro bowls (2001-2004).

You almost had me swayed to your viewpoint. Then you threw in the ridiculous insinuation that Ickey Woods was some kind of football god, and that Hines Ward was some rookie who couldn't hold his jock. Um.... no. The numbers speak volumes.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Hey Hines, you haven't done S--T!  Show some respect to Ickey Woods.

You're serious?

Woods: Four seasons, thirty-seven games. 332 rushes for 1,525 yards (avg: 4.6). 47 receptions for 397 yards (avg: 8.4).

Ward: In 8th season, 122 games. 49 rushes for 378 yards (avg: 7.7). 552 receptions for 6,712 yards (avg: 12.2). Four pro bowls (2001-2004).

You almost had me swayed to your viewpoint. Then you threw in the ridiculous insinuation that Ickey Woods was some kind of football god, and that Hines Ward was some rookie who couldn't hold his jock. Um.... no. The numbers speak volumes.

Nobody would even remember Ickey Woods if not for that silly endzone dance.

6uXNWAo.png

Hey Hines, you haven't done S--T!  Show some respect to Ickey Woods.

You're serious?

Hines Ward is easily among the most underrated WR's in the NFL. The guy seems to get no love in the National Media. Guess that's the problem with keeping your mouth shut and doing your job, these days.

IUe6Hvh.png

Archived