Bulls wearing throwbacks tonight

AllEyesOnMe

I found this among the "hardwood classics swingman" jerseys :blink:

B000CP02FG.01-AT26F6GZJEB06._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Yep, it's been reported they'll be wearing those things. I don't know when the Heat will sport 'em, though. They look like leotards for dance class (not that I would really know, but still...)

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I found this among the "hardwood classics swingman" jerseys :blink:

B000CP02FG.01-AT26F6GZJEB06._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Yep, it's been reported they'll be wearing those things. I don't know when the Heat will sport 'em, though. They look like leotards for dance class (not that I would really know, but still...)

As a person who has actually had to take a dance class in high school, I know for a fact that leotards have a bottom unlike the jersies. :P

Actually I know what you mean but they look nice actually.

NOTE: I didnot have to wear a leotard.

Signature intentionally left blank

capt.cxa10412060329.bulls_hinrich_injured_cxa104.jpg

I think this pic just about says it all. I love throwback/retro stuff, and I have to give props to Reebok for using the shiny material for this set, but this is just not pleasant whatsoever.

As for the Miami Floridians throwback, I am truly digging that big time. I'd really like to see some other NBA teams in old ABA markets do some ABA tributes, but me thinks it'll only fly with the Heat since the jersey just says Miami.

Hmm... Now that I think about it, didn't the original jerseys just say Floridians?

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

Hmm...  Now that I think about it, didn't the original jerseys just say Floridians?

Actually, they didn't say anything on the front. They just had the number. I guess they figured those garish orange and magenta stripes did all the talking for them. Also, upon further inspection, it appears Reebok is simply borrowing the Bucks' current number font for these unis - which looks to be close to the original, but not completely accurate.

And something I just noticed after look at the pic of Hinrich - did Reebok use the same number font on these that they did for those bastardized Bears Thanksgiving throwbacks?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Hopefully they'll dress the Heat Dancers like the old Floridian ballgirls... :rolleyes:

And yes, Sweetney looked like a beach ball in those things tonight. Awful.

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that it's hard to verify their authenticity."

--Abraham Lincoln

the bulls jersey look ugly ....it looks like a summer camp or a YMCA jersey

as for the MIAMI jersey whats the history behind the jersey if there isn't i think it just to represent the culture of MIAMI just by the fronts of the name and number plus the colors pink, orange, black thats a MIAMI thing trust me my uncle lives there and i visit.

i had no idea the bulls would be wearing those, until i flipped the TV on to watch my mavs...

good lord allmighty.

i was baffled. i'm a hockey man, not a big basketball history buff... so i had no idea what they were wearing. i assumed it was a throwback...

i'm usually all for wearing throwbacks on occasion... my favorite recently used throwback is the mavs wearing the old greens with DALLAS on the front (not the Mavs one... you know what i mean)... but this crossed a line with me.

especially playing against the mavs, who have modern uniforms...

yikes. they're the first time i've ever seen where basketball uniforms had 1 color for the jersey, and 1 color for the shorts... now i see why it's so rare.

maybe i'm over-reacting, because it caught me so much by suprise... but those uniforms were a distraction during the game... instead of paying attention to dirk and damp and the players, i was just thinking how ugly chicago looked in those uniforms.

Here's Shaq modeling the new Heat throwbacks with it's corresponding article. Leave it to the Deisel to ham it up 70's style :rolleyes: .

20818744.jpg

Heat gets new Floridian look

NBA starting to market some old league apparel

By Sarah Talalay

Staff Writer

Posted December 5 2005

The Heat is joining the throwback jersey craze 1970s style -- looking to an old ABA team for its newest fashion statement.

This week the 18-year-old team will release a third jersey -- a black road number accented with an orange and a magenta stripe, borrowed from the 1971-72 Floridians, a short-lived ABA team that played at Miami Beach Convention Center. The Heat, which will don the uniforms for six home games and one road game, will wear the jerseys for the first time Sunday against the Washington Wizards.

"From our standpoint, it's a great opportunity to recognize the history of basketball in this area," said Michael McCullough, Heat executive vice president and chief marketing officer.

McCullough said that before celebrating its own 20th anniversary in two years, the Heat wanted to join the throwback craze and picked the 1971-72 jersey because of its "only-in-Miami color combination of black, magenta and orange."

The jerseys and other Floridians merchandise including a woman's tank top, kids' shorts and caps, will go on sale Wednesday at Heat.com and at Hoops Gear stores at Sawgrass Mills Mall in Sunrise and at Dadeland and Dolphin Malls in Miami. The jerseys, which cost $80 for adults and $60 for kids, and other gear will be available at AmericanAirlines Arena on Friday.

But the Heat will celebrate more than sales, McCullough said, embracing the 1970s theme with a heatfloridians.com web page; a Floridians-focused episode of Sun Sports' Inside the Heat program; and an introduction video featuring players in 1970s fashions on a 1968 bus -- the way the Floridians would have traveled.

The NBA's Hardwood Classics line of retro jerseys was launched in the thick of the throwback craze in the 2001-02 season, when the Los Angeles Lakers paid tribute to their predecessor Minneapolis Lakers. The next year eight teams added throwback jerseys. This week 11 teams will issue new jerseys that will be available only at team stores and web sites and the NBA store in Manhattan. Beginning the week after the Feb. 19 NBA All-Star Game, they will be released at general retail stores.

Christopher Arena, NBA vice president of apparel, sporting goods and basketball partnership, said the league limits teams to an anniversary or a special occasion, with several teams this year celebrating the ABA, which met its demise 30 years ago.

This year the Bulls are celebrating the 60th anniversary of the 1946-47 Chicago Stags; the New York Knicks, their 1952-53 team; the Los Angeles Clippers, the 35th anniversary of the franchise.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

I wish I knew how to cut and past a photo, but I think those red/blue Stags jerseys look pretty nice. Does the NBA have a requirement that all teams must be fully one color for their regular uniforms? I'm sure there might be some two-toned combinations that would look nice. Of course, I can't think of any off the top of my head, but I'm sure there are some. Ha ha...Some time could probably go mid-90s and have a gradient from top to bottom, like those horrible Hawks jerseys of the Laettner/Mutombo era.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

There is artistic license with the Floridians jersey; like the 1973 Capital Bullets, there was no city name or team identifier on the jersey.

But that's pretty cool.

Wonder if the Clippers will finally make the road blue jersey?

Archived