I was on OLN!

Puckguy14

Note to everyone: when wanting to get on TV, make sure you have the network's logo on your sign. Bonus points if you use their on-air design. :hockeysmiley:

FYI, it's a $#!++y pic.

puckguysign7hg.jpg

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

Note to everyone: when wanting to get on TV, make sure you have the network's logo on your sign.  Bonus points if you use their on-air design.  :hockeysmiley:

FYI, it's a $#!++y pic.

puckguysign7hg.jpg

But negative points for wearing that ridiculous hat.... :D

congrats anyways....

I saw, I came, I left.

Sharks had two powerplay goals, and the Thrashers had a short handed goal. To me, that means the game shouldnt have eneded 5-3, but 4-4.

But thats just my crazy math to justify my Thrashers not losing!

Nice work getting on camera. I still need to do that this year.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Nice work!

I was on TV thirteen times one year, out of something like 14 games and learned a few pointers about how to get on the tube at a hockey game.

#1 - Dress the part. I have enough jerseys that we were always able to do the home & road combo of the home team and the visiting team. Other things that worked for us were Old North Stars and Old WHA Fighting Saints.

#2 - Sit where the cameras are aimed. My seats were on the opposite side of the arena from the main TV cameras in the lower bowl. These are the ones at the top of the lower bowl at the center red line. Sitting in the upper deck will not get you on the tube, as it's generally darker up there and more work to aim the camera higher.

#3 - Stay put when they are looking for crowd shots. Inbetween periods in and out of commercials are the time to get on TV. Don't go running around to pee, eat and buy stuff between periods. Stay in your seat and don't pick your nose or be stuffing your face with nachos.

#4 - Be topical and play to the camera. Give them a reason to put you on. New Year's Eve, wear party hats. Hold a cute kid (who is wearing a jersey) on your lap. Throwbacks of the visiting team give the annoucers a chance to show their knowlege. Is your team hosting the All-Star game later that year? Wear a jersey with an All-Star game patch. National jerseys before the Olympics are good this January. The first cold day of the year, wear Elmer Fudd hats.

Hockey_Pictures_015.jpg

Obviously, signs can work well too!

WildWeb-ThoughtBalloons.jpg

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Nice work!

I was on TV thirteen times one year, out of something like 14 games and learned a few pointers about how to get on the tube at a hockey game.

#1 - Dress the part. I have enough jerseys that we were always able to do the home & road combo of the home team and the visiting team. Other things that worked for us were Old North Stars and Old WHA Fighting Saints.

This one seems to work especially well. Whereever I am, I usually have my Bruins jersey on and then the girl I am with has the home team jersey. They like to see "fighting" couples like that.

PuckGuy,

NIce sign, bad hat.

Your sign was quite creative and well made for sure.

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

Archived