Worst uniforms in history

CrookedThumb

I think this should be in GD (lord knows how polls are looked uponin this board)  :;):  :D

And roger, the Wild have some really great uniforms.... of course they aren't on this list...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

You've got to be kidding me.  Their green uniform is so unbearable to look at. ABSOLUTELY NOBODY ON THE PLANET LOOKS GOOD WEARING THE WILD'S GREEN JERSEY!!!  NOOOBODY!!! (And the only way they can is if they wear the entire uniform from helmets to skates, but even then, it's still ugly to look at.)  I stand by this montra.

The only good thing the Wild have, besides their team, is the bear head logo.  That's all.  The rest of it is putrid.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

I would love to get a wild green jersey. I think they are in the top 5 of all NHL jerseys. They did such a great job designing those jerseys. Both are fantastic, but i give the nod to the green as being slightly better...

sB9ijEj.png

Man, Rog, what's the beef with the Wild, huh?  I didn't think they had any Cape Breton hate connection, sheesh.

Anyway, the Wild white jersey is among the league's best.  The green is disappointing, but not horrible.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I'm not a huge fan of the green Wild jersey, but the white one is beautiful. I love it. Good logo, fonts, and the little arcs near the neck are a simple, unique touch that makes the jerseys really nice. A lot of green in the dark jersey, but I certainly wouldn't call it terrible.

As for the worst jersey, if by "zubaz" you mean that red white and blue thing with all the crazy little lines, then yes, worst ever. The Oregon yellows are second.

My vote's for the pin-striped, baby-blue Cubs jerseys of the early 80s. And even though they were part-time unis, i'd throw in that retro crap the Bears and Packers wore in 1995. It was a  timely look for the 40s perhaps, but it translated poorly in the 90s.

And i'm a Minnesota fan who happens to love the Wild jerseys. That logo -- which i'm pretty sure is some form of cat, rather than the aforementioned bear -- is the best in the league.

The Wild logo is a bear (the moon as the ear is a dead giveaway, a cat would have a pointed ear, a bear has a rounded ear)

And they are truly some of the best jerseys i've ever seen. And it's funny how these modernists who rip on me because i don't like anything different or new, bash me because i like something different and new. THe design is solid, the colors are solid. It is one solid package they have, and it works. Blackhawks, Sharks, Devils, Rangers, Wild... those are the best jerseys in the NHL, and i'd put the Wild up higher, but they havn't been around long enough...

sB9ijEj.png

The Wild logo is a bear (the moon as the ear is a dead giveaway, a cat would have a pointed ear, a bear has a rounded ear)

And they are truly some of the best jerseys i've ever seen. And it's funny how these modernists who rip on me because i don't like anything different or new, bash me because i like something different and new. THe design is solid, the colors are solid. It is one solid package they have, and it works. Blackhawks, Sharks, Devils, Rangers, Wild... those are the best jerseys in the NHL, and i'd put the Wild up higher, but they havn't been around long enough...

JQK, for one thing, I'm not ripping you. I'm glad you like something modern. Maybe I was wrong to say you don't like things just cuz they are new. However, I personally don't care for their jerseys at all. Oh, and I don't consider myself a modernists. I'm a Whatever-actually-looks-good-ist.

Oh, and as I Blues fan, I'm wondering why you left them out? I know for a fact, based on your chart, you really like them.

The dialog on this thread is exactly why we should do away with "Best" or "Worst" polls or discussions.

YES!! I couldn't agree more.

Haven't we had this love it/hate it discussion on the Wild's jersey enough yet?

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Man, Rog, what's the beef with the Wild, huh? I didn't think they had any Cape Breton hate connection, sheesh.

Huh?

I just really really really hate that jersey, it's so uuuuugggggggllllllyyyyyyy and IMO, nobody looks good in it. Is it so hard to believe? (In fact I know a few people personally who also dispise it.)

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

I love the Wild jersey. It's the ONLY jersey I have! (I have better things to do with my money....) I'm surprised we haven't talked about soccer jerseys yet.... I remember there was a section on the BBC website that showed some of the ugliest jerseys ever!

I saw, I came, I left.

Good gosh, how many times do we have to go over this?  The Wild logo is neither a bear, nor a cat.

It's just supposed to be some sort of a generic wild animal thing.

Somewhere around here I've got a transcript of the press conference where they unveiled the logo...

Archived