My Take on the WVU football Uni's

HatManTC

Yeah, they do look very similar to Cal, except Cal only has piping on the front edge of the Broncos-like side swoosh, but WV has the piping on both edges of it.

I thought this was going to be another well-deserved rant about the ugly font and inexplicably poor spacing between the numbers.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Is it just me or do the WVU football numbers look like the Blue Jays number font?

FF112046-s.jpg

pMLB2-1348739reg.jpg

It's just you. Compare the full set of both styles of numbers, and they're not that close. The Blue Jays and Northwestern U. football both share the font (the name escapes me at present). Anyway, most of the numbers are serifed, while WVU's set (*cough*HIDEOUS*cough*) are all sans-serif. And WVU's are noticeably thicker.

I thought this was going to be another well-deserved rant about the ugly font and inexplicably poor spacing between the numbers.

Me too. And since you've said it all already, I just say "DITTO!" and tip my cap to another man of good taste and good sense.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

They are horrendous. All they need to do is put gold numbers (in a nice, classic-ish typeface) on a plain blue jersey and they have a great uniform. I love the dark, intimidating helmet with the little WV, but the uniforms are terrible right now.

They need the plain blue jersey with gold numbers to be worn over gold pants, maybe with a blue stripe. Then, they need a plain white jersey with blue numbers to be worn over blue pants, maybe with a gold stripe.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

All u people hateing on some good unis...........everybody says every team schould go to classic unis with no stripes with just regular block numbers............its not 1906 any more its the 2000's and the more modern the look the better it is..............y thats so borring and if u do that u wont be able to tell who is who on the field..... i like the WV unis they different and no too extreme........the only thing i change on them is maybe haveing a yellow fasemask........maybe i feal this way casue i'm a younging and grew up with the modern stuff

Beauty-

bc_1_b.JPG

MajorHarris101804.jpg

This defines a perfect uniform.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

All u people hateing on some good unis...........everybody says every team schould go to classic unis with no stripes with just regular block numbers............its not 1906 any more its the 2000's and the more modern the look the better it is..............y thats so borring and if u do that u wont be able to tell who is who on the field..... i like the WV unis they different and no too extreme........the only thing i change on them is maybe haveing a yellow fasemask........maybe i feal this way casue i'm a younging and grew up with the modern stuff

Do you honestly expect someone to want to read that? Is this what an American education provides nowadays?

Ugh.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Do you honestly expect someone to want to read that?  Is this what an American education provides nowadays?

Ugh.

I was gonna say that. Glad someone else did it for me. Someone needs to tell this child that this is a semi-intelligent discussion board, not AOL chat.

Anyhoo, back to the matter at hand. The WVU unis, as we all said here at the time of their unveiling, are a convoluted mess. Undoubtedly the worst feature here is that borderline-illegible number font. Not only does it look unprofessional, but it's a solid (and far too bold) yellow at home, while it's a 3-color blue-white-yellow for the road whites. Come on, let's at least have some sense of continuity with these sets.

Oh, and for those comparing these to Colosseum jerseys, take a look at this, and you may start seriously thinking about having Colosseum doing on-field work for college teams.

pG01-1790408dt.jpgFF124855-xl.jpg

And who knows what else Colosseum could improve upon...

74_1.JPG65674-xl.jpg

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

All u people hateing on some good unis...........everybody says every team schould go to classic unis with no stripes with just regular block numbers............its not 1906 any more its the 2000's and the more modern the look the better it is..............y thats so borring and if u do that u wont be able to tell who is who on the field..... i like the WV unis they different and no too extreme........the only thing i change on them is maybe haveing a yellow fasemask........maybe i feal this way casue i'm a younging and  grew up with the modern stuff

Do you honestly expect someone to want to read that? Is this what an American education provides nowadays?

Ugh.

last i knew this was a SPORTS LOGO BOARD not a ENGLISH board :evil:

Do you honestly expect someone to want to read that?  Is this what an American education provides nowadays?

Ugh.

I was gonna say that. Glad someone else did it for me. Someone needs to tell this child that this is a semi-intelligent discussion board, not AOL chat.

Anyhoo, back to the matter at hand. The WVU unis, as we all said here at the time of their unveiling, are a convoluted mess. Undoubtedly the worst feature here is that borderline-illegible number font. Not only does it look unprofessional, but it's a solid (and far too bold) yellow at home, while it's a 3-color blue-white-yellow for the road whites. Come on, let's at least have some sense of continuity with these sets.

Oh, and for those comparing these to Colosseum jerseys, take a look at this, and you may start seriously thinking about having Colosseum doing on-field work for college teams.

pG01-1790408dt.jpgFF124855-xl.jpg

And who knows what else Colosseum could improve upon...

74_1.JPG65674-xl.jpg

All the Ducks need to do is go back to the Harringotn-era unis, those were flawless...*sigh*

Back to the Mountaineers, I echo everyone else's sentiments that the # font is amateur, looks like a junior high jersey. And everyone other than the Denver Broncos needs to stop using their jersey, it is a terrible fad at the end of its run. Those pics of the #9 QB do look great, maybe just use an updated block font, and I'd stick to one thick blue stripe on the gold pants. Maybe toss in the WV logo at the hip for good measure, and call it a day. And Whoever started this thread, please don't use apostrophes for plural, just possession and contractions. This drives me nuts and I'm going to correct it when I see it now, sorry. :rolleyes:

last i knew this was a SPORTS LOGO BOARD not a ENGLISH board :evil:

It is a sports logo board. Conducted in English. By English speakers. If your posts can't be read, the purpose of posting them is wasted. Don't get upset because people called you on it.

From what I deciphered from your post, you like ultramodern uniforms. Fine. There's nothing wrong with that, but WVU's uniforms were a major step backward when they came out, and that's irrespective of whether they're old school, new school or night school. Some teams pull off modern very well; others don't. But hiding behind a blanket statement like "the more modern it is the better" is ludicrous and patently untrue. Evaluate uniforms on their individual merits and shortcomings. Like an illegible, clumsy font, with poor spacing and forced wing accents on the jerseys.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived