Baltimore Ravens Concept

Cujo

The first things I did was ditch that hideous "B/Raven Head" logo and went with someone a little more simple, but I did keep the secondary and just made it into the the primary. The next thing I did was trade in black and yellow for gold. I kinda think it's not the "Ravens" without black, but the whole concept looks pretty clean without it.

C&C as always. Thanks. :)

proj_bal.png

6uXNWAo.png

i like the purple and gold for the home and away, but i can't get into the gold alternate jersey. i've never been a big fan of gold alternates. that's just my thing though. i think the helmet could use a logo instead of the "B". maybe the full bird logo that is currently in use by the ravens.

BaltimoreRavens2.GIF

and the more i look at it, the more i like the striping on the jerseys and pants as well, but i like the number font that they use now.

i always enjoy seeing concepts for the ravens. you don't see them that often. it always nice to see the home team represented.

Honestly, IMO this looks more like a concept for the Vikings than the Ravens. The Ravens need some black, they're the Ravens, a black bird.

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

Meh.

By getting rid of all the black, you've lost a lot of connection to the team name and its very origin. Baltimore... home of Edgar Allan Poe... classic horror story writer... wrote "The Raven"... dark, mysterious, creepy... black bird, pruplish sheen to the feathers. And so on.

By getting rid of the Ravens' number font, you've lost a portion of their identity.

All in all, it's just OK, and it doesn't feel right for the Baltimore Ravens.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

The first things I did was ditch that hideous "B/Raven Head" logo and went with someone a little more simple, but I did keep the secondary and just made it into the the primary. The next thing I did was trade in black and yellow for gold. I kinda think it's not the "Ravens" without black, but the whole concept looks pretty clean without it.

C&C as always. Thanks. :)

proj_bal.png

It screams New Orleans Saints to me.BIG TIME.

manning2.gif

BUSCH STADIUM III IS COMING,ARE YOU READY?

INDIANAPOLIS COLTS (12-4-0) NEXT GAME VS KANSAS CITY

TB LIGHTNING (19-20-2) NEXT GAME @ COLORADO

ATLANTA THRASHERS(24-12-6) NEXT GAME VS PHOENIX

COLTS BACK TO BACK PLAYOFF APPEARANCES 05-06/06-07

I like the helmet and I like the B...but maybe put black trim on the B and the home numbers, and change the gold alternate to a black alt?

NyghtOwl

How about those...

Mets?

Packers?

Rangers?

Knicks?

Titans?

Owner of the New York Night Owls 1999 champions in the All World Football League.

Meh.

By getting rid of all the black, you've lost a lot of connection to the team name and its very origin.  Baltimore... home of Edgar Allan Poe... classic horror story writer... wrote "The Raven"... dark, mysterious, creepy... black bird, pruplish sheen to the feathers.  And so on.

By getting rid of the Ravens' number font, you've lost a portion of their identity.

All in all, it's just OK, and it doesn't feel right for the Baltimore Ravens.

Vitamin D saved me a lot of typing. I pretty much agree with him. The only thing I would add is that the numbers are not only a part of the team's identity, but one of my favorite things about their current unis.

Also, I agree with you about rethinking the helmet logo, but I would either go with the full bird with wings spread (see earlier post) or the the front view Raven head that you put with the wordmark.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

With the name Ravens, a logo of a bird should be used. I really don't care for the collegiate approach of just using a letter. I also agree that this needs to have black as a component of the design.

I actually like what the Ravens have now. The only change I would make is to eliminate the letter B from the helmet logo.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

finally someone has done something to get rid of that dang raven's head on helmet

Thank you. I hope there are more of us that agree on the Ravens helmet. The current helmet logo is hideous.

6uXNWAo.png

As a Raven's fan - I'm not feeling these. I like the Back/Purple combo and also think that the numeral font is a part of their identity. While I also cold do without the present helmet logo - I prefer it over a plain "B". Personally I'd like to see the front view of the Raven head. I'd also like to see them lose would I call the "police badge" shield on their sleeves and drop the "tv" numbers from the shoulders to the sleeves. Add some black pants to wear on occasion with the whites on the road and you've got a winner. Oh - and bring back the striped socks and switch to BLACK shoes.

Stay Flossin!:

????????????????????? I didn't see that one in my Slang-to-English dictionary.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Archived