TSN Insider : New NHL Uniforms

beesharps

For the record, I favor any advances in fabric / cut that make the players faster, drier, or better. I have no issues with the form-fitting cuts, as long as the individuality of each team's templates and the integrity of their logos can be preserved as much as possible.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How can you ign the petition ifyou haven't even seen what these uniforms are going to look like? I'll wait before I make judgment.

I don't care what these look like. This is something you just don't do.

Although online petitions never solve anything anyway so it doesn't matter if you do or not.

1zgyd8w.jpg

the thing is, what if hockey needs this? Hockey is a monstrously traditional sport, I know, and I don't want any uniform modifications. But if it, for whatever random reason, were to boost the league's popularity, would it be worth it?

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

For the record, I favor any advances in fabric / cut that make the players faster, drier, or better.

lol, cooperalls

Except that Cooperalls weren't safe and therefore didn't make the players better.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

For the record, I favor any advances in fabric / cut that make the players faster, drier, or better.

lol, cooperalls

Except that Cooperalls weren't safe and therefore didn't make the players better.

Nylon + Ice = No Friction

Wool helps create some friction to slow you down, the nylon didnt, so players when they fell slid very fast into the boards, causing more injuries.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Changing from wool to polyester was a minor change - the jersey, as well as the uniform design, remained the same - what seems to be taking place here is not only a new material, but completely changing the look of a hockey player with complete disregard to tradition akin to throwing away the pinstripes of the Yankees!

Enough with the CFL jerseys. By my count, two teams got saddled with inferior jerseys: Ottawa and Calgary. Toronto, Hamilton, and Winnipeg all improved; Edmonton and Montreal didn't change enough to be better or worse; and though I liked BC's black jersey, what's wrong with their new one?

And I don't think that the style of hockey jerseys is restraining the sport's popularity. A hockey jersey is maybe the only kind of jersey that can be worn by a person of any body type. How many people wear basketball jerseys? Now, how many of those people should wear basketball jerseys?

Enough with the CFL jerseys. By my count, two teams got saddled with inferior jerseys: Ottawa and Calgary. Toronto, Hamilton, and Winnipeg all improved; Edmonton and Montreal didn't change enough to be better or worse; and though I liked BC's black jersey, what's wrong with their new one?

And I don't think that the style of hockey jerseys is restraining the sport's popularity. A hockey jersey is maybe the only kind of jersey that can be worn by a person of any body type. How many people wear basketball jerseys? Now, how many of those people should wear basketball jerseys?

But even the Eskimos got piping--which ruins them.

Yes Ottawa and Calgary fared the worst, but they all suffered--the Ticat's template is hard on the eyes...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Maybe we're all wrong about this...

Look at these old pics of Montreal, notice how tight the jerseys are?

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com/nhl/montr...adienspics.html

It's not about the return to tight jerseys. It's the fact that RBK is messing with team designs, eliminating unique patterns in favour of making half the leauge look the same.

Maybe we're all wrong about this...

Look at these old pics of Montreal, notice how tight the jerseys are?

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com/nhl/montr...adienspics.html

It's not about the return to tight jerseys. It's the fact that RBK is messing with team designs, eliminating unique patterns in favour of making half the leauge look the same.

Exactly. I understand that people are looking for an edge and tight uniforms may happen--We'll never see sleeves on a lineman again.

But what I don't want to see is every team have the same template. I think that the teams can essentially have the same jersey design on a tighter version.

This form-fitting thing is a done deal. I jsut hope that Reebok does not get the green light to be lazy and make them all look the same. If sports leagues want to sign deals with manufacturers to produce the jerseys, fine. But the team should be designing their own. The olympic jersey thread is what worries me for the NHL (and college whenever they go form-fitting).

And the other thing. If they don't end up with large corporate logos, I'll consider that a victory.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

No, I'm sure no one wants to see the NHL get Nike-ized with the same templates. But change is good sometimes, for instance the salary cap in the NHL. Let's wait and see if this could be a good thing.

Do you really think that somebody like the owner of the Chicago Blackhawks, Bill Wirtz, who the Blackhawks have been in his family for 54 years, are going to allow Reebok to change those jerseys? There ain't no way in sunshine that the Hawks are going to wear jerseys that are tucked into the pants.

No, I'm sure no one wants to see the NHL get Nike-ized with the same templates. But change is good sometimes, for instance the salary cap in the NHL. Let's wait and see if this could be a good thing.

Do you really think that somebody like the owner of the Chicago Blackhawks, Bill Wirtz, who the Blackhawks have been in his family for 54 years, are going to allow Reebok to change those jerseys? There ain't no way in sunshine that the Hawks are going to wear jerseys that are tucked into the pants.

you think Bill Wirtz gives a rat's ass about hockey?

Archived