Cleveland Super Bowl logo

Chiefster2000

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They're just jealous because they're the only team in the league that hasn't been in OR hosted a Super Bowl.

Nice retard! Check your facts before running your piehole i believe 6 teams have yet to make the sb. And when your beloved squelers win three more championships they'll have as many as he browns. So shut up and be graceful winner jackazz.

eM

They're just jealous because they're the only team in the league that hasn't been in OR hosted a Super Bowl.

Nice retard! Check your facts before running your piehole i believe 6 teams have yet to make the sb. And when your beloved squelers win three more championships they'll have as many as the browns. So shut up and be graceful winner jackazz.

eM

Nice retard! Check your facts before running your piehole i believe 6 teams have yet to make the sb. And when your beloved squelers win three more championships they'll have as many as the browns. So shut up and be graceful winner jackazz.

eM

6 teams havent made it, but I believe his point is of those 6 5 of them have hosted it.......

Proud owner of the Utah Pioneers of the Continnental Baseball League.

GBCanada.png

PACKER BACKER FOREVER!

I think you're trying to say that the Indianapolis Colts is the same franchise as the Baltimore Colts. I have no quarrel with that.

However, to say that a football team based in Indianapolis has been to the Super Bowl is patently false, as is the notion that a Super Bowl has been played in Indianapolis.

How is that unclear?

This is really one of the sillier things I've ever heard.

The Colts franchise has participated in the Super Bowl. To split hairs so thin that you don't count them because they were in Baltimore is just silly.

The original statement was that Browns was the only team to never be in or host the Super Bowl (whether it's accurate or not). But the Colts carried their team records with them when they packed up and moved to Indianapolis. So yes, the Indianapolis Colts have been in the Super Bowl, but it was when they were in Baltimore.

I think you're trying to say that the Indianapolis Colts is the same franchise as the Baltimore Colts. I have no quarrel with that.

However, to say that a football team based in Indianapolis has been to the Super Bowl is patently false, as is the notion that a Super Bowl has been played in Indianapolis.

How is that unclear?

The Colts franchise has participated in the Super Bowl. To split hairs so thin that you don't count them because they were in Baltimore is just silly.

The original statement was that Browns was the only team to never be in or host the Super Bowl (whether it's accurate or not). But the Colts carried their team records with them when they packed up and moved to Indianapolis. So yes, the Indianapolis Colts have been in the Super Bowl, but it was when they were in Baltimore.

Can we just agree that there has never been a Super Bowl in Indianapolis? Please?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

How is that unclear?

Can we just agree that there has never been a Super Bowl in Indianapolis? Please?

That's just silly. Don't you remember SB XV1/2 ?

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

the sun belt shall monopolize the super bowl. :P

my problem is this, its been 40 years and cities like Green Bay, Chicago, New York, Cleveland have never hosted a super bowl. if weather is such a factor for the super bowl, why not have a neutral spot for all the playoff games like high school football does. im suprised no one has complained about weather in the afc or nfc championship games or other playoff games. if the pre super bowl playoff games can be played on Plutonian weather, why not the super bowl?

[sarcasm]think of this, with global warming as it is, we may not have to worry about an super bowl in green bay played in arctic weather.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Theres something to be said about those "Frozen Tundra" NFL championship games....are those any LESS of great victories because they were played in Green Bay and as such not Super Bowls?

SARCASM: Should we take Lombardis name off the trophy? He wasnt so great, what, with home field advantage and inclimate weather and all. :D

Exactly. If teams can play a game as meaningful as the conference championship in ten degree weather and under three inches of snow in New England or Chicago, why can't you play the Super Bowl in the same cold weather or snow? There are a lot of hidden benefits for people like us:

A. Say the Super Bowl is played at Cleveland Browns Stadium. It's a very nice, relatively new, and large facility; a great place to host the biggest game of the year. The Cleveland lakefront and Downtown areas are beautiful, with the colorful bridges and bright skyline, and the city is continually trying to restore the Cuyahoga River area to its former glory.

B. If the weather is going to be twenty degrees and windy, My bet is that more seats are going to be available to Average Joe Citizen, because how many corporate buffoons are going to bundle up for five hours and attend a football game in Cleveland, in February? Not as many as would attend it in Miami, San Diego, or any climate-controlled dome locale.

C. Especially for financially troubled cities like Cleveland, the Super Bowl would offer a great opportunity for the city to earn some revenue to improve the city and its quality of life. Cleveland is getting better, but believe me, it needs a lot more money to improve itself.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

C. Especially for financially troubled cities like Cleveland, the Super Bowl would offer a great opportunity for the city to earn some revenue to improve the city and its quality of life. Cleveland is getting better, but believe me, it needs a lot more money to improve itself.

That's the only part of the argument I see that has any merit. I spend a week in Cleveland, staying in a hotel across the street from Cleveland State University. I was very, very disheartened by the city and its environs. Cleveland is not a happy place, and downtown even more so. If there is anything that can help a struggling city like Cleveland or Buffalo, I say go for it.

And when was the last time the NFL played a Super Bowl in non-NFL stadium? Do they ever? I don't think a Super Bowl in San Antonio would be a bad idea, nor Los Angeles. Just a thought.

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

They've had two Super Bowls at the Rose Bowl -- Super Bowl XIV and XXVII. They also played one at Stanford Stadium, Super Bowl XIX. That said, both stadiums held over 90,000 people and they were both in NFL Markets.

philly.png

Theres something to be said about those "Frozen Tundra" NFL championship games....are those any LESS of great victories because they were played in Green Bay and as such not Super Bowls?

I point to the CFL and say, if they can do it why can't we? Of course the main reason is weather. The corporate fans, not real fans, don't want to freeze the butts off in Cleveland or Green Bay when they can run around in t-shirts and shorts in Arizona or Texas.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

B. If the weather is going to be twenty degrees and windy, My bet is that more seats are going to be available to Average Joe Citizen, because how many corporate buffoons are going to bundle up for five hours and attend a football game in Cleveland, in February? Not as many as would attend it in Miami, San Diego, or any climate-controlled dome locale.

Which is exactly why you see all of the Average Joe's with their shirts off when it's 20 degrees in Yankee Stadium for all of the World Series games...Oh, you don't see them? :hockeysmiley:

I've decided to give up hope for all sports teams I follow

I spend a week in Cleveland, staying in a hotel across the street from Cleveland State University.  I was very, very disheartened by the city and its environs.  Cleveland is not a happy place, and downtown even more so. 

Someone gave you a bad suggestion if you stayed across from the University.

browns-sm.gifitaly.gif

I spend a week in Cleveland, staying in a hotel across the street from Cleveland State University.  I was very, very disheartened by the city and its environs.  Cleveland is not a happy place, and downtown even more so. 

Someone gave you a bad suggestion if you stayed across from the University.

Ha ha...blame the company I worked for. In hindsight, lots of things they did were cheap.

To a comment above, when the Super Bowl was played in the Coloseum, the Raiders or Rams played there at that time, right? Also, when the Super Bowl was played at Stanford, did the 49ers or Raiders play there at that time? Just curious.

Also, when the Super Bowl was played at Stanford, did the 49ers or Raiders play there at that time?  Just curious.

No.

Post No. 755 -- call me Hammerin' Hank. :D

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

I don't think a Super Bowl in San Antonio would be a bad idea, nor Los Angeles. Just a thought.

I don't think the Alamodome is big enough to host a Super Bowl. And if it's really all about having the largest crowd possible in a warm surrounding, why don't they just play every Super Bowl at the Rose Bowl?

IndianapolisSpeedsters.png

Archived